Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-10, 06:47 PM   #26
jc2bg
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Foot control

Foot control for sure. And if you've never tried one, the recessed trays for the foot pedal make a huge difference both in terms of user fatigue and comfort in those tricky angles like moving straight backwards. I installed one of those recessed trays mid year, and within two weeks concluded I would never again fish without one!

JC
jc2bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 01:51 PM   #27
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I fished for years on end with a foot control and now own a hand held with the pro-Kontrol handle and I will NEVER go back to a foot control. My legs thank me and so does my back! You can stand flatfooted and move that motor with your hand or knee just as easy as the foot control without having to balance on one leg. If you have ever fished open water in Texas you can appreciate the ability to stand flat footed. I have the big foot buttons mounted strategically on my deck and can easily trigger the motor from just about anyway I am facing. I can also flip the latch over on the button and go on constant making spinnerbait and gunning type fishing even easier.
This is a funny topic though, because guys will usually swear by whatever they have on the boat even if they've never fished with the other style. I like the hand held even though I claimed, at one time, that I too would never own one! lol
Old 10-21-10, 07:34 PM   #28
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I use nothing but hand control but also have foot on off sw with a clamp or lever that holds it on,no hand cramps at all have long ext handle can bump with leg or hand to move occasionally it stays in place while running until steered differently.Reasoning is left knee replacement and a right foot that has been operated on.Ky lake is often a bucking bronco on the troller,no need to keep a foot on anything but under you.
Every boat I get, gets that foot one taken off and tossed on ebay.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 06:02 AM   #29
pbruessow@msn.com
BassFishin.Com Member

I have been using hand control for many years on my bass boats. My 1st couple of boats came with foot controls but I had too many problems with cables binding and the switches in the foot control. So the main reason for hand control for me is reliability, less parts to break or fail.
Old 11-07-10, 11:42 PM   #30
daviidwilson
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1022 View Post
I have always used hand control trolling motor until now! I had just purchased a Minn Kota 24 volt 70 pound Thrust Edge! I still have a transom mount Minn Kota 55 pound thrust also a 33 pound thrust transom mount!
But now I need t learn how to use a foot control, just get use to foot and not using my hands an allowing me to cast more and less steering!
So I'm hoping I'm going to keep my vote or my opinion to foot control!
Dennis
Have had both . Set up properly , I prefer a hand control. Wind or current is not a problem. One of the things I like about a hand control is the friction to keep it pointed where you want it to go. Big Foot switches and a Pro Kontrol handle is the set up I use.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.