Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-09, 09:53 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default oh man you've got to be joking..

as i looked thru the new jcpenny kitchen ware catalog..other than looking at the hidouse colors -orange and chartruse appliances- they have a portable microwave... the hell is up with this?? ya needin to pop popcorn out in the frikkin sticks?? or heat a biscuit to eat your jerky with..

come on man... i can see a faster verison but one that plugs into your 12v outlet or 36 d cell batteries...give me a break...

zooker
Old 07-25-09, 10:15 PM   #2
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I don't even want to know why you're looking at a jcpenny catalog...

lol

BB
Old 07-25-09, 10:44 PM   #3
nofearengineer

He just reads it for the articles...articles of ladies underwear.
Old 07-25-09, 11:14 PM   #4
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
as i looked thru the new jcpenny kitchen ware catalog..other than looking at the hidouse colors -orange and chartruse appliances- they have a portable microwave... the hell is up with this?? ya needin to pop popcorn out in the frikkin sticks?? or heat a biscuit to eat your jerky with..

come on man... i can see a faster verison but one that plugs into your 12v outlet or 36 d cell batteries...give me a break...

zooker
As a former appliance sales man I will tell they are pushing colors big time right now , it is just another reason for them to tack on another couple hundred dollars to the sale price . Electrolux even bought a Porsche paint booth and will custom paint your appliances in almost any color you want .

jim

Last edited by Jim80; 07-26-09 at 02:29 PM.
Jim80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 11:33 PM   #5
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
Electrolux even bought a Porsche paint booth and will custom paint you appliances in almost any color you want .

jim
One good argument in favor of eugenics.
Old 07-26-09, 01:42 AM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
He just reads it for the articles...articles of ladies underwear.
Sears had a pretty good write up in that section too.
Old 07-26-09, 09:35 AM   #7
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

lol

BB

you have any idea how hard it is to make a mojito without a blender? cause she took mine when she left...

zooker
Old 07-26-09, 10:12 PM   #8
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

lol

BB
He only does that when he's in the outhouse.....
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-09, 10:19 PM   #9
zooker

i aint from arkie -in-slaw we done got us in door plumbin here in north carolina..

zooker
Old 07-26-09, 10:42 PM   #10
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
He only does that when he's in the outhouse.....
I can remember back in the 60's my grandpa tacked up the funny paper in his outhouse.
Old 07-27-09, 01:38 PM   #11
flfireman

Some only need a mirror in their bathroom to get a good laugh. The funny paper just adds to it......or gives them an excuse for laughing.
Old 07-27-09, 01:56 PM   #12
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
Some only need a mirror in their bathroom to get a good laugh. The funny paper just adds to it......or gives them an excuse for laughing.
Or a good cry!!!!
Old 07-27-09, 01:57 PM   #13
WaffleJaw

the only thing i could see that be used for, is a tailgating accessory.....other than that,i got nothing.
Old 07-27-09, 02:44 PM   #14
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I bought all of my appliances in stainless steel.

Trendy? Yes.

Durable? Hells yeah.

Cheap? Not even close.

I wonder if that disqualifies me from the gene pool....
Old 07-27-09, 03:14 PM   #15
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
i always thought we were well on our way with the battery powered ,self turning lollipop!.......not to mention lap band/ gasteric surgery for those of us you cant so no to the sweet & tasty monkey......(sigh)we have surgeries to eat less and lose weight......never understood that one.

I wonder if the new ipods will have time travel?

life is so obsurd.
Old 07-27-09, 05:04 PM   #16
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
So true... so true.
Old 07-28-09, 10:32 AM   #17
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I can remember back in the 60's my grandpa tacked up the funny paper in his outhouse.
Yup....Ours was lined with the funny papers too.....kept a Sear and Robuck and JCPenny catalog in there fer readin and wipin
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 12:35 PM   #18
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Yup....Ours was lined with the funny papers too.....kept a Sear and Robuck and JCPenny catalog in there fer readin and wipin
Yea and when it was cold outside ya didn't read for very long.
Old 07-29-09, 02:55 AM   #19
1/4 stick

I've only had to use one on occassion when I was a child, when we'd vist my great aunt. Had to be carefull or you'd get splinters, and you had to check for wasps, yellow jackets, and snakes too. That woman would never allow her daughter or any of us put a bathroom in her house. And she lived like that till the early 90's when she was in her 90's and had to move in with her daughter for obvious reasons. That was a tough old woman though. She had her 101st b-day before she passed.

Anyway, I remember when I was a kid and we were visiting her. And we were there kind of late. I had to go, and my great aunt showed me the chamber pot, which was really just a big stock pot with chipped enamel. I was still young enough that I won't happy about that long walk in the dark to a dark outhouse with nothing but a broom handle and a flash light, but old enough that I won't gonna have nothin to do with that pot neither.

So I head out the back door with my broom handle and light. Thinking my old man was behind me. Wrong, heard the screen door slam and it startled me a bit. Look around and pop had stayed inside. So I continued my trek, watching the ground and beating a couple bushes with the broom handle to chase any critters away. Get to the outhouse, open the door, beat the stick on the door frame to scare the varmints, check the hole with the light, and beat the bench for good measure.

So I dropped trowl and proceed with the intended buisness. Turns out, guess cause I was nervous, this was gonna take some time and effort. So there I am sitting there, only light I have is the crappy ever-ready flashlight, sure as heck won't gonna turn it off, and the bit of light coming from the gaps between the boards of the outhouse shining from the back porch light. Of course this cruddy light would lose it's connection every so often and I had to shake it to get it to come back on. And it does so.

Then I hear something thumping on the side of the outhouse, then something scrap against it, and a couple more thumps as it moved to the front. I see something move through the gaps in the front door. I lean forward to see if I can make anything out through the gap, when suddenly I hear, MEEEEOOOOW, I about fell off the bench, but caught myself, and I see the back end of a cat walking away from. I almost dropped the light which finally comes back on now.

But all things happen for a reason cause in the middle of all that I'd done what I came there to do without all the effort I thought I was going to have to put into it. And that's when I realized there was no TP.

I hollar and scream till I finally get my old man's attention who comes out on to the porch and hollars back to shut up before I wake up half the county. Which I found odd since we was in the sticks with no one around but us till you got to the next county. Tell him the delima and he starts some non-sense about me looking for the newspapers or the Sears Catalog. I promply told him there wasn't any of those around, it was too dark to read, the flashlight didn't half work, and I was done anyway.

Then I new my father had lost it when he asked if there wasn't any corncobs in there with me. I remember thinking, "What the heck am I gonna do with corn cobs?" Then I made the connection... toilet paper... newspaper... corncob. And I knew my father, wonderful man he was, had gone crazy.

And that my friends is how I finally got the corncob jokes I'd heard so often but never understood.

Last edited by 1/4 stick; 07-29-09 at 03:03 AM.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-09, 11:25 AM   #20
bcklash

That's funny and I understand.
Old 07-30-09, 06:00 PM   #21
kg5388

I got me one of those portable microwaves in my Cummins Power Gen van for my job use it to heat lunch and it comes in handy when I go into areas during ice/thunder storm power outages or hurricane areas

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.