Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-30-13, 12:38 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default OK, everyone says

how GREAT Tackle Warehouse is so I just placed my VERY FIRST order with them. Why? Well, I keep hearing how great they are and I am getting very tired (as is everyone else) with BPS - especially - and Cabela's shipping charges. And, those two big boys seem to be pushing their own brands more and having less of the name brands in stock - especially in the store. Local shops like Dick's rarely have what I want. So, I looked over TW and they had several things I wanted, prices are good and free shipping seals the deal. I do not believe this will be a one-and-done deal, if I get my monkey bait in a week I will be a regular customer. TW owes my monkey a small bonus.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 01:25 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I don't think you will be disappointed at all with Tackle Warehouse. I occasionally buy stuff from Bass Pro still, but only if I need it really quick and don't have time to place the order and get it in from Tackle Warehouse. Their prices are more than fair, and in some cases way less than anywhere else I can find it. Free shipping over $50 is awesome, and if you wish to upgrade shipping on orders over $50 to next day or 2nd day you can do it very cheaply. I always have my orders in 3 or 4 days from when the order is processed with standard shipping.
Old 07-30-13, 03:47 PM   #3
joedog

Have had great success with TW.
My monkey found them a while ago......still smiles everytime I bring them up.

If you find a cheaper price let them know. They have matched EVERY price I've thrown at them. They run the site, check the price, then match.
The shipping SEALS the deal!

Good luck on your order.
Old 07-30-13, 07:12 PM   #4
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nothing but great service from TW
If you find a cheaper price let them know. They have matched EVERY price I've thrown at them. They run the site, check the price, then match.
The shipping SEALS the deal!

as Joedog has said
Old 07-30-13, 08:01 PM   #5
bassboogieman

Well it's a minor issue and I'm not going to stop dealing with TW, but I'm torn whether I like them listing on their website "HOW MANY ARE IN STOCK". It's nice - IF IT'S ACCURATE - that way you don't order stuff that is out of stock, and they give you an approximate date they expect out of stock items to be available, that saves the aggravation you sometimes get with the big boys when your order is processed then they inform you how many items are backordered - I don't particularly like that. But an item I ordered indicated there were THREE in stock - and guess what? Right, it's not available, everything else, though, was. I think I like it even less when I'm getting information an item is available, so I order it, then I'm told it's out of stock. Yep, I'm liking that less. If they are going to indicate numbers in stock - they really should keep that updated and ACCURATE otherwise don't do it at all.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 08:28 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Well it's a minor issue and I'm not going to stop dealing with TW, but I'm torn whether I like them listing on their website "HOW MANY ARE IN STOCK". It's nice - IF IT'S ACCURATE - that way you don't order stuff that is out of stock, and they give you an approximate date they expect out of stock items to be available, that saves the aggravation you sometimes get with the big boys when your order is processed then they inform you how many items are backordered - I don't particularly like that. But an item I ordered indicated there were THREE in stock - and guess what? Right, it's not available, everything else, though, was. I think I like it even less when I'm getting information an item is available, so I order it, then I'm told it's out of stock. Yep, I'm liking that less. If they are going to indicate numbers in stock - they really should keep that updated and ACCURATE otherwise don't do it at all.
I've never had that happen and I agree that would sort of upset me. I do know that a lot of the time they have more of an item in stock than they show and one time I screwed myself by rolling the dice. I really needed a set of culling scales and like normal I waited till the last minute to place my order in case I ran across any last minute things I needed to add to my order. I was right at a week from my first tournament of this season and I went to order my scales and some other stuff and as my luck would have it, they showed "0" of the scales I wanted in stock. I remembered that a lot of the time they have more of something in stock than they showed so I rolled the dice and ordered it anyways hoping they would have a set. When my order came in they were indeed out of stock and I was left without scales. I ended up running to Academy and buying another set of scales that I really didn't like just so I would have a set for my tournament. Not too long after that I got my scales from Tackle Warehouse and the set from Academy is a backup pair. I had nobody but myself to blame for that though.
Old 07-30-13, 08:41 PM   #7
Tavery5

Nothing but a positive experience with TW, and they offer a Military Discount to boot.
Old 07-30-13, 08:56 PM   #8
joedog

I had a couple of items that when order arrived I had a back order listed.
Called and was told, "We try to keep at least a dozen more than shown on site but at times there are over 50 people ordering on line at the exact same time. They all want the same thing but obviuosly they run out. Especially during sales."

My back order came 4 days later, free shipping cause original order was over $50.
I asked if I could add to the 'back order' cause I forgot one or two items.
They allowed me to add and total came to like $15.
Sent it free shipping with the back order.
Old 07-30-13, 10:15 PM   #9
Jrob78

I've had nothing but positive experiences with TW too. The only time I will ever order from somewhere else is if TW doesn't carry the item.
Old 07-31-13, 01:23 AM   #10
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Now that my wife no longer works at BPS I rarely get my gear anywhere other than TW. Just doesn't make sense to drive to the store and waste money on gas and taxes and more expensive prices when I can order from my couch and if I really want to I can spend $10 and have the stuff there the next day. I normally do 2 day delivery, still cheaper than taxes.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 10:04 PM   #11
keithdog

I have no doubt you will be greatly satisfied with TW. I've been buying stuff from them for about 3 years now and they have taken good care of me. I only had one issue with a purchase I made there, but it wasn't the fault of TW. Rather it was with the Spro company and their lack of shipping out product to TW.
Old 08-01-13, 12:42 AM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Another satisfied TW customer here. I don't know if they still do it, but I have got gift cards on their numerous 20% off sales during the year and then ordered later when I got the time to do inventory. If there's a national holiday, chances are there is a 20% off sale with some exclusions as the norm (Shimano, Lucky Craft and some others).

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.