Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 10-24-13, 02:13 PM   #1
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default dale hallow smalllie

Caught this little pig at dale 22in. 6 to6 1\2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131017_170232.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	8933  
Old 10-24-13, 02:50 PM   #2
joedog

WOW
WOW
Did I say WOW?

Don that maybe the prettiest bass I've seen all year.

So, what were you using?
What was the weather?
How deep?
How was the fight?
How did the rest of the day go?

How do I get to Dale Hollow?
If I leave now can I make it in time to go out Saturday with YOU?
Did I mention, WOW?

Congratulations!!!!
Old 10-24-13, 02:57 PM   #3
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

nobass....as if the Dale Hollow trip wasn't far enough away...you just doubled it!

Joe, meet us in the Spring, brother!!!!
Old 10-24-13, 05:20 PM   #4
nobass

i posted from my phone floe first time for a picture so here are the details. we fished all day in the rain till aroun 1pm. fished submerged grass . fishing was hard only one fish till about 3 . then we started to see shad on top out in deeper water . i motored out when i saw the blow ups. was sitting in 106 foot of water. depth finder was showin fish between 40 and 60 ft. with HUGE schools of shad on the surface to 15 feet. had a 1/4 oz sammie tied on to 10 braid. using 7 foot medium spinning rod combo. we had caught several in the 2 to 4 lb range. when we had a blowup about 30 feet from boat made the cast. an she hit. she made two fast jumps and went down. thought she was gone. she stipped line fought her for about 30 mins. seem a whole lot longer. i had a golden rule onboard but when i went to weigh her my digtal scale would not work. went back to cedar hill to use there scale they did not have a working one. so i was guessing weight. she spit up alot of shad in livewell. that would have been my entry in big bass. if i could have found a working scale. but with the tn record (also world at 11.53) even if i did i would only have 55 points or so. but that is one i will remember for a long long time she was my best fish this year
Old 10-24-13, 06:45 PM   #5
woody

Don, That is an awesome fish! I'm still looking for my first "over" at the Hollow, maybe next year.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 07:30 PM   #6
joedog

Thanks Don!
I'm thinking you just maybe underestimating. 22 inches and fat?

I really do admire all you Big water anglers!
To find the fish is an accomplishment in itself!

And to stick it out on a bad weather tough bite outting and keep searching, HAT'S OFF!!!

Mike carefull what you ask for.
Old 10-24-13, 08:09 PM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Thanks Don!

I really do admire all you Big water anglers!
To find the fish is an accomplishment in itself!

And to stick it out on a bad weather tough bite outting and keep searching, FF!!!

[SIZE="1"]Mike carefull what you ask for. [/SIZE]
thats what she said!
Old 10-24-13, 08:55 PM   #8
keithdog

Awsome bass Don!!! I remember fishing with you at Wheeler and you really tried to get into a smallie. Well, YOU got into a real BEAUT now!!! Congrats man!!!
Old 10-25-13, 11:29 PM   #9
Jrob78

Awesome smallie Don!
Old 10-27-13, 09:31 AM   #10
Bassboss

Darn nice smallmouth! Congrats!
Old 10-27-13, 09:51 AM   #11
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post

I was thinking the same thing Joe.. that bronze beauty looks to be closer to the 7 pound mark.

-Mark
Old 10-29-13, 02:53 PM   #12
nofearengineer

I just saw this today, Don. Wow...awesome brownfish.
Old 10-30-13, 11:49 AM   #13
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
i posted from my phone floe first time for a picture so here are the details. we fished all day in the rain till aroun 1pm. fished submerged grass . fishing was hard only one fish till about 3 . then we started to see shad on top out in deeper water . i motored out when i saw the blow ups. was sitting in 106 foot of water. depth finder was showin fish between 40 and 60 ft. with HUGE schools of shad on the surface to 15 feet. had a 1/4 oz sammie tied on to 10 braid. using 7 foot medium spinning rod combo. we had caught several in the 2 to 4 lb range. when we had a blowup about 30 feet from boat made the cast. an she hit. she made two fast jumps and went down. thought she was gone. she stipped line fought her for about 30 mins. seem a whole lot longer. i had a golden rule onboard but when i went to weigh her my digtal scale would not work. went back to cedar hill to use there scale they did not have a working one. so i was guessing weight. she spit up alot of shad in livewell. that would have been my entry in big bass. if i could have found a working scale. but with the tn record (also world at 11.53) even if i did i would only have 55 points or so. but that is one i will remember for a long long time she was my best fish this year

Hey Don, I found this recent Dale Hollow report and it sounds spot on compared to to your report about the 22 incher you caught.

10/25/2013 fishing report by smally7

There is a good top water bite going on early in the am but its short lived unless you have some overcast skies. Then it can go on till mid-morning. The best top water bite is out over deep water. Don�t worry about it your boat is in 60 FOW and your fishing over 30 to 50 feet. That is where most of your blowups will occur. Put the boat right smack in the middle of the creek and just start casting. All creeks don�t have this bite going on. You have to find the ones with the bait. Walking baits and Wake baits are best right now. You will catch a mixed bag of largemouth and smallmouth. The shallower you go seems like the more largemouth you catch.
Old 10-31-13, 05:51 PM   #14
nobass

yea thats what i thought to when i read it also. i have talked to locals when i am up there they say two good baits in mar and april are super spins and spinner baits. white/char or white. willow leaf big blade gold and silver smaller blade colorado style .
Old 10-31-13, 07:50 PM   #15
WatterBoy

Awesome fish, Don...way to go! I'd guess somewhere in the 6.5-7.0 range. You look pretty thrilled in the picture. Still looking for my first 20" Smallie...maybe next year.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 05:46 PM   #16
MikeA57
BassFishin.Com Member

HEY!!! THAT'S MY FISH!!!
He's grown some since I caught him. He was on 3 1/2 lbs back when I caught him but that's my fish, I'd recognize him anywhere!!

I caught him on Dale Hollow in the fall of 1965 when I was 7 on a hand carved wooden lure. We were shore camping and my Dad put him in the fish basket that was hung off the boat overnight and he told me that it was nice enough that we could get him mounted. When I got up the next morning and checked the basket for my fish, he was GONE!!! My Dad told me somebody probably came by during the night and saw the basket hanging off the boat and decided to see what was in it. So now I know who took my fish!! I want him back!!!!

Really nice on nobass! All that above really did happen to me when I was about 7! (In reality, I think my Dad started thinking about how much money it was going to cost to mount that fish and he probably released him himself. He never admitted it to me though...)
MikeA57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 07:17 PM   #17
nobass

he said say hello to that old man who put me in that basket.fooled him taught myself that magic trick
Old 12-12-13, 09:57 AM   #18
MikeA57
BassFishin.Com Member

Well sir, that IS a magic fish, cause that basket had a spring top on it! Not one of those fancy plastic ones that make the basket more bouyant, just a mesh one like the rest of the basket.
MikeA57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.