Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-14, 02:41 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Curado I

The new Curado will be released at the Classic. I think it will be big hit and should compete with the Tatula. They caught so much flack over the Curado G that they had to come out swinging. My tax return will get here just in time for the release

http://www.outdoorproshop.com/Shiman...himano-cui.htm
Old 01-28-14, 03:17 PM   #2
bassboogieman

Quote:
My tax return will get here just in time for the release
I'm not a fan of Shimano - I've said it before and it hasn't changed - but as with any "new" product I'd hold off a bit, unless you just have to be the first guy in your club, neighborhood - whatever - to have the newest Shimano product in your possession. The "G" model left many Shimano guys wondering, are we certain the "I" model will be any better? Time will tell, that's where I'm coming from.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-29-14 at 11:02 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 03:42 PM   #3
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I'm not a fan of Shimano - I've said it before and it hasn't changed - but as with any "new" product I'd hold off a bit, unless you just have to be the first guy in your club, neighborhood - whatever - to have the newest Shimano product in you possession. The "G" model left many Shimano guys wondering, are we certain the "I" model will be any better? Time will tell, that's where I'm coming from.
I'm not a "rush out and buy the newest thing" guy either. I do have high hopes for this reel, in large part because of how much flack they took over the G. The Daiwa Tatula is doing so well that I don't think Shimano can afford to cut any corners with this one and by the sound of things, they didn't. We'll see though. I'm in need of a couple of reels and this one is on my check list, along with the Tatula R.
Old 01-29-14, 02:07 AM   #4
bassinbob

What is the material in the frame and side plates? I thought it might be slightly lighter then I read. Everybody says the last model wasn't very good. I seem to recall a lot of reels made by Quantum and Diawa that have been clunkers also. It remains to be seen if they can rebound after the G models. And i hope they learned their lesson.
Old 01-29-14, 10:12 AM   #5
kennethdaysale

I'm guessing this will deflate the ebay guys selling NIB E's for $150+. Maybe $100 by summertime. I can only imagine the flood of new G's being dumped.........do I hear 75?.............50?............
Old 01-29-14, 12:42 PM   #6
lilmule

I gave 1 away simply because it let line go between spool and housing ending up in the gears.Just got tired of having to take it apart and respool.
Do have another model that WORKS FINE.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 01:46 PM   #7
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
What is the material in the frame and side plates? I thought it might be slightly lighter then I read. Everybody says the last model wasn't very good. I seem to recall a lot of reels made by Quantum and Diawa that have been clunkers also. It remains to be seen if they can rebound after the G models. And i hope they learned their lesson.
It's got an aluminum frame and graphite side plates. It also has X-Ship, a new spool design and a new braking system. The reel weighs in at 7.4oz.
Old 01-29-14, 02:18 PM   #8
bassboogieman

I noticed the lack of a magnetic brake on the side opposite the reel handle. Some new centrifugal brake? Yeah, you're right just too lazy to look it up. But I do like the dual braking system found on my reels, and others, for minor tuning for wind and such without opening the reel.
Old 01-29-14, 03:16 PM   #9
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I noticed the lack of a magnetic brake on the side opposite the reel handle. Some new centrifugal brake? Yeah, you're right just too lazy to look it up. But I do like the dual braking system found on my reels, and others, for minor tuning for wind and such without opening the reel.
They've always had centrifugal brakes. I'm not 100% sure how the new brakes work but there is a little dial at the bottom of the non handle side. I think you can make micro adjustments with that and still get into side plate to adjust the brakes like on normal cent brake reels. That's how I understand it anyway.
Old 01-29-14, 04:40 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I didn't bite on a G because I was picking up Ds. I have a few Es and pleased with them, so I'm looking forward to what is said about the I.
Old 01-29-14, 06:13 PM   #11
bassboogieman

So let me get this straight... Shimano went directly from the "E" to the "G" completely skipping the F-BOMB?
Old 01-29-14, 10:32 PM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

You are correct sir. I think they skipped C too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.