Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-19-13, 08:23 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up Humminbird Cust Service!!

It's been mentioned before, but I have to say that Humminbird has terrific customer service AFTER the sale. My 5 month old 898cSIHD lost the left side of the side image view a couple weeks ago. I went on-line to see if I could find any information about my problem, and if you haven't tried doing that, I was SURPRISED when an IM window opened up with a customer service rep asking me if they could help.

So yeah, I engaged in messages back-and-forth with what was happening with my unit and what I tried to do. It didn't totally resolve my issues, but a suggestion to restore my unit to factory settings had to wait another day or so before I could get back on the water and give it a try and see if it worked.

That could have been the end of it, but being PROACTIVE the rep took the time to prepare a Return Authorization (RA) and if the suggested restoration to factory settings didn't fix it I would not have to call and get an RA wasting time, not to mention the aggravation of a phone call, I could just ship it right back to Humminbird. It would all be under warranty.

Well the restoration didn't fix it (actually I thought I had a transducer issue) so I packed it up and shipped it off (head unit & transducer). Nine days later it's back, and yes it was the transducer so I got a new one. Also, while they had my head unit they did a software update and shipped it back with a new screen cover. I didn't put the screen cover on when I shipped due to the box being tight and I didn't want it "lost" while being serviced - but seeing how efficient Humminbird is, that shouldn't have been a concern.

Any how, it is all working better than ever, actually I think the transducer must have been "less than perfect" from the start as my images seem crisper and a bit more detailed than previously. Humminbird stands behind their warrnaty - new transducer, new screen cover and a software update - NO CHARGE, thank you very much!!!

Last edited by bassboogieman; 06-19-13 at 11:37 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-13, 09:03 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

It's nice to see a company stand behind their product with such good customer service. It's also nice to see someone on the internet praising a company for a good experience rather than the normal BS you see people spouting. Not many people tend to share their good experiences.

Glad everything worked out for you Bruce.

BB
Old 06-20-13, 04:27 PM   #3
3dkicker

I've had excellent service every time I've had to call them. I wish all companies were that way.....
Old 06-20-13, 05:50 PM   #4
nobass

i have had same service with lowerance. as you all know dale hallow but a cutse on me my 20 day old hds 7 went down with same problem only 1/4 screen call up lowerance told them what was wrong and they gave me a return shipping number over the phone . got my new unit 3 days later i had not shipped new on yet.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.