Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-31-13, 02:20 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Cool Took the Girl fishin

So the girlfriend finally got to come to Aiken. We met at Clemson and I never took the time to drag her the two and half hours back to the house. Well she just left after a few days in my hometown (she is from outside Pittsburgh) and of course fishing was one of the things to do on the list. I was sort of surprised she actually wanted to go but she seemed excited to get out on the water.

So Monday morning we got up (got up sort of late, woke her up at 7 after getting all the stuff ready.... late for us fisherman and women, early for her, haha).

Anyway, we went out to a pond I have access to that is usually good for some of those green fish. After a quick lesson in throwing a spinning reel and giving her some time to practice on the bank we jumped in the john boat. She fished as a young child with her grandmother but hasn't been in forever.

Anyway, I set her up with my duckett spinning rod with a revo sx spinning reel with 10lb test. Along with a texas rig and taught her how to fish it.

After sort of a slow start where we both missed a couple fish (just tiny guys pecking mine), she said she had missed another one and I looked back and her line was swimming away. So after telling her no she didn't, she caught her first fish for the day. She was laughin in excitement (she's a pretty happy person, haha). Here it is though, note she is still laughing and smiling.
[IMG][/IMG]
As the day wore on we would slowly pick a fish off here and there and then the wind would blow (just a little) for 5 minutes or so and we would catch 4 or 5 fish quickly. And at one point we doubled up.
[IMG][/IMG]
Also, she caught a two lber but hooked it a little deep. But I quickly got the hook out (using the ol' up throw the gill plate trick) but I put the fish back in the water to get some oxygen before I took her picture, and the fish shook and got away. OOPS. She gave me crap for 30 minutes about it and I was real worried that it would be a life long story if she didn't catch a bigger one.
Well my worst fears were defeated when she hooked and landed this momma (yall can all guess the weight, see who gets the closest)
[IMG][/IMG]
Overall it was a good day and she had a ton of fun catching the fish. I don't think she realized quite how much fun it can be. So might have a new fishing partner every now and then.
Oh, and another funny story: she casted over the tallest tree in the middle of the pond (some standing timber) and I made her hand me the rod so I could get it down. And right when she gave it to me I noticed the line was taking off. Sure enough we got to see a 2 1/2 lber jump a couple times but shook off (I couldn't set the hook cause the line snagged at the top of the tree somehow). Anyway it was fun, it was like the 3rd fish we saw all day but she caught a bigger one later (picture above).

It was a great day and we caught all of our fish on a texas rig (I threw a frog a bit and a rattle trap for just minute). She had a great time and I was glad to take her. Can't wait to get a pattern on one of the lakes near Clemson and take her out on a lake. I think we ended up with 17 or 18 fish together and probably 14 of those came during the 3 breezes that popped up for minutes.

Great day, got to teach her how to fish and show her what I love to do. And she had fun! Win-Win for sure.
Old 07-31-13, 05:32 PM   #2
kennethdaysale

Way to go yall!! Good report-good day. She sounds and looks like a keeper.....proud-o-ya!
Old 07-31-13, 10:01 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

From what I read and what I see, you have yourself a fine gal there buddy. Way to go on spending the day on the water. She no doubt had a good time looking at those pics. I'd guess that last bass she is holding would go about 4 1/2 pounds.
Old 08-01-13, 07:59 PM   #4
bamabassman

aiken.....WHAT FISH !!! that gal's a sweetie pie buddy!! hahaha, looks and sounds like she had a fantastic time for real. and truly awesum catches !! i do believe she is "hooked", now reel her in pal.

and her big fish....4 pounds EVEN. but YOU had the best catch of the day...time with a lovely lady.
Old 08-01-13, 09:18 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Looks like a successful trip! I'm going to sound old here but it reminds me of when my wife and I were dating and spent countless days fishing together out of our little two man scamp. Now here we are getting ready to celebrate our 9 year anniversary and are now fishing out of our 4th bass boat, man how time flies. I'm only 30 and I am already telling younger kids stories about when I was their age haha.

I'm going to say the fish went 4.25lbs
Old 08-01-13, 10:53 PM   #6
Jrob78

Nice work Isaac, she's a cutie pie!
Old 08-03-13, 09:02 PM   #7
aikenyounggun

Well to ruin the surprise. Fish was about 3 lbs. told her she had to hold you out to take a good picture.

And forgot to tell you guys she wasn't too excited when I kissed one of the fish. It was pretty hilarious. Gonna have to get the younger cousin to teach her how to kiss em (cousin is a girl, thought she would have the inside scoop). Thought y'all might get a kick out of that
Old 08-04-13, 09:03 AM   #8
bamabassman

hahaha so kissing the fish grossed her out huh? once she does it....she'll be hooked for life isaac.
Old 08-04-13, 07:01 PM   #9
WatterBoy

Great day on the water, Isaac! Hope you both get another chance to get out there again soon.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.