Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 03-19-16, 09:21 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Two reports for March 19h

I had a seasoned crew from many years of March trips. Each year they get better and better at snagging those nibblers and dinks. We set up on a spot that last week showed acres upon acres of fish marks. Sure enough the marks where there. Got two lines in and bam fish on. This went on and on with each catfish being under 5 lbs. Before long the tide changed and a few bigger ones showed up. But not anything big until a rod bent way over. A large whiskerless striped catfish was landed.

Sorry it was so blurry but the cold was really kicking in.

About an hour or so later the mudkat was caught and that always signals the end of the bite.
Capt Mike

My day started out terrible but, that's a story for another day. I got to the ramp right at noon launch. Luckily, all rigging was mostly done, just put in the plug and drop'er in. It was chilly and as Capt Mike probably already said, we headed to where we saw marks galore last week. They were still there when we arrived today. Small fish. Dozens of small fish. The plan was to catch white perch to supplement the cut bait. Mike's crew caught some. We just kept catching catfish. We took a ride south for the last hour and half of the trip. We found the nice catfish marks, anchored and got our lines out. The tide and wind was very different that just the mile or so we traveled. The anchor line was nice and tight but, the wind kept shifting and blowing the stern back and forth and back again. But, the fish were a bit bigger here. Every time I wanted to start to pack it up, another fish was on. These guys were seasoned fisherman. Mitchell, Mark's son was a heck of a fisherman, future captain in the making. One rainy miserable day can be salvaged by a good crew. I had one today. Now to dry out for tomorrow and some more of the same weather.

Capt Dave

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.