Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-08, 02:21 PM   #11
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
the reason i gave the history lesson, was that it was implied that God was not a big part of America when it was founded....and I have no problem giving to Caesar, the president or government, which ever you consider Caesar, as long as it does not compromise what i owe to God, examples:

supporting gays: bible says a marriage is between a man and woman....

supporting abortion: bible says thou shalt not kill.....

compromising your religious beleifs for your financial or what ever benefits: Bible says thou shalt have no other god before me......

And how many times do i have to say it...here it will use all capital letters so maybe yall can read it this time..... "They might have been christian, but the intent was a free country where every individual had the right to choose what religion they followed." by doc....

I AM NOT WANTING TO PUSH RELIGION ON ANYONE...YOUR RELIGION OR NON-RELIGION IS YOUR CHOICE....I WILL TRY TO TESTIFY AND HELP YOU...BUT I WILL, REPEAT, I WILL NEVER TRY OR WANT ANYONE TO FORCE RELIGION......
i can not see how someone who claims they are christians can vote for a party who supports gay marriage and abortions, if they do then they are truly not a christian.

You stated that anyone that does not vote or believe exactly as you are not truely christian. So you put your religious beliefs out in politics to be enfoced upon all non christians. So YES YOU ARE PUSHING YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, IN POLITICS.

As for implying that god was not a part of america when it was founded that is false, no one ever said that. What was said is America and its freedoms was not founded with the intent of everyone following Christian beliefs.

JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE SOMETHING WITH EVERY FIBER OF YOUR BEING, KNOW IT TO BE TRUE, AND EVEN PREACH THE WORD TO OTHERS DOES NOT MEAN IT SHOULD BE A LAW EVERYONE HAS TO FOLLOW WHEN IT IS BASED UPON RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.

I am Christian, I do believe in the bible, and I do believe a woman has the right to choose, that my will should not be forced upon anyone.

Respectfully bowing out,
doc
doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.