Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-12, 08:01 PM   #11
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
For Christians(and presumably Creationist), much of what has been said sounds awfully like Ayn Rand's social darwinism...how ironic.

Government is doing a pretty lousy job stealing our wealth, considering revenue is down, and the top 1% have had 30 years of triple digit growth in wealth.
In my field, I hear quite a bit of conversation that boils down to class hatred. The "1%" dislikes the "99%" or visa-versa. From a pure tax perspective, there are a few figures that I go to. And by the way, you can take these to the bank. They are sound and if you were to write it down I would sign it

1. In 2009, the top 1 percent of tax returns paid 36.7 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 16.9 percent of adjusted gross income

2. The top-earning 5 percent of taxpayers (AGI equal to or greater than $154,643), however, still paid far more than the bottom 95 percent. The top 5 percent earned 31.7 percent of the nation's adjusted gross income, but paid approximately 58.7 percent of federal individual income taxes.

3. In 2009, over 50% of people either did not pay taxes or had refunds in excess of any of the taxes they owed for the year.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.