Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 10-03-16, 07:23 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Adventure 2016

This years adventure was to explore the Northwest River in Chesapeake VA. We arrived on Monday mid day and got the only two cabins available. The attendees on this trip are Capt Dave , Joe Bruce , Kris Murphy and me. Two boats and a bottle of 43 and some really good rum from Brazil. The Northwest is great river with many braids and backwater cuts. The water is so black it looks just like my coffee, even from the prop wash it is black. One thing that is odd about the river is it does not have a tide flow at all. When we arrived it was 6 inches higher than normal. Two days before it was two feet higher. This made for some tough fishing. Monday after check in we hit the upper portion and caught 4 maybe 5 fish.. Next day we asked a few good questions and got a tip to fish further south around the North Carolina line. So we did and by mid day we had a few fish on the main river but nothing special.. The fly rod was working well on gills and bass. No real pattern so we went deep into the creeks and found grass. And then we found fish...the pattern was a small swim bait and no weight just buzzed across the surface. I brought bass tackle , bait casters on flipping rods and only one light spinning rod. I used that light rod for the next three days. Go figure. Lots and lots of pics big and small to enjoy.

It was an excellent adventure indeed.

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.