Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-25-06, 08:43 PM   #1
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default KVD Line and Lure conditioner

I use this stuff...but who else uses it? I think it is useful in the cold months more than any other time of the year....keeps the ice off the guides....
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 08:47 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

only differance i see in it being better than reel magic is it conditions florocarbon line something reel majic wont.. other than that they are basicly the same..

i use both..

nuff said

zooker
Old 11-25-06, 09:30 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I like it a lot better than Reel Magic.
Old 11-25-06, 10:02 PM   #4
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I use reel magic. I dont fish much flourocarbon though.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 11:54 AM   #5
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ive never used either of the products. Can anybody explain what they really do help with?
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 09:15 PM   #6
BPACA

It makes the line a little slicker...gives you more distance on the casts...reduces the line twist somewhat...
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 10:27 AM   #7
links_man2

Default My Experience with KVD Line & Lure

I was finally able to find some KVD Line & Lure and it is much better than Real Magic. I had not fished in about 2 weeks and sprayed the line on each of my reels the night before I went out. Next day line had no twist from being spooled and not used for so long. Luckily I bought 2 bottles, but guess I will have to order it when that runs out.
links_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 10:58 AM   #8
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

welcome to the forum linksman2!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 11:37 PM   #9
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I use the stuff and I love it. I made a post on the KVD conditioner about a year ago here. I still use love it.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 02:15 PM   #10
robfad
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi Everyone, I am one of the co-developers of Kevin VanDam’s Line & Lure Conditioner and I want to thank all of you that speak so highly of KVD Line & Lure Conditioner. I wanted to try and help clear up some confusion there seems to be about the product here in the forum.

Five years ago Kevin and I created Line & Lure to help with the durability, manageability and control issues inherent in all fishing lines, but especially hi-tech lines like Fluorocarbon and braid. In the process we developed a product that makes all lines cast much easier and farther, greatly reduces line memory, backlash and can extend line life by 2-3 times, even in saltwater.

When comparing Line & Lure to Reel Magic or WD-40 please understand that we are talking about 2 different animals. Reel Magic is a fine product for general lubrication as is WD-40. Reel Magic and WD-40 are advertised and described as all-purpose lube/protectants by their manufacturers. I am not saying that the 2 products are identical in composition, just that they are promoted in the same ways.

We are not trying to down play the value of Reel Magic. We are just offering a Hi-tech alternative that was specifically developed as a fishing aid for new hi-tech equipment while not being harmful to you, the environment or your fishing equipment.

Reel Magic’s silicone oil simply coats the fishing line. After just a few casts these oils are mostly washed away, unfortunately into our lakes and rivers. I am sure that a lot of you who use Reel Magic have observed the rainbow “oil slick” that appears on the waters surface on the first cast after applying Reel Magic. Most of the product is released into our waterways, as it does not stay on the line. Reel Magic and WD-40’s labels reads, “contains petroleum distillates” and, "can be harmful or fatal if inhaled". Petroleum distillates are more commonly known as solvents all of which are considered toxic. These solvents break down most plastics and other synthetic materials rapidly, and are good at relaxing line memory because they soften the line’s outer surface. Unfortunately, in this process these same solvents are also leaching the plasticizers out of the line and can damage fishing reel components. Problem is, it’s these plasticizers that make the line flexible and durable. After just a few applications with these solvents the line can start to weaken and dry out.

Line & Lure is a "polymeric surface modifier" and not an oil. Our polymers are exceedingly slippery when in contact with water and adhere effectively to mono, fluorocarbon, and braided lines. Line & Lure bonds to the line's surface and protects the line from nicks and wear, helping line last much longer. Line & Lure contains no solvents or any other toxic ingredients that can harm you reel,line, the environment or you.

In test after test, Line & Lure outperforms all other line treatments hands down with the factors that competitive fishermen like Kevin VanDam and other professional anglers look for in line treatments. Our testing consistently shows a 20% improvement in overall casting distance and line control. Unlike the others, Line & Lure formula works exceedingly well on fluorocarbon lines and will even improve knot strength. We are unaware of any other line treatments that have any effect on fluorocarbon. Our customer feedback supports this. I invite you to check out our website at: www.lineandlure.com. Read the testimonials and get the complete scoop on this great product.

We have had a few complaints from individuals that used Line & lure and didn’t experience the benefits we claim. In all cases, upon investigation, the individual had used Reel Magic or WD-40 on the line before using Line & Lure. The oils in these products will keep Line & Lure’s polymers from properly attaching to the line, which defeats its purpose. This is just the way old Mother Nature works, sorry. You’ll get the complete benefit of Line & Lure if you simply apply it to clean line, be it new or used.

We believe so strongly in Line & Lure that we offer a money back guarantee on the product. Basically stated, Kevin VanDam, through RMR Industries LLC will give anyone who is not satisfied with the added performance they get from Line & Lure a cash refund of the purchase price, simply by returning the unused portion of the bottle with the sales receipt. No questions asked. I don't believe that any other line treatment has ever made such an offer.

I hope this helps clear things up. Give Kevin VanDam’s line & Lure Conditioner a try and I’m sure you’ll be a believer too!
robfad is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.