Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-08, 10:46 AM   #1
damian2b
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Figures.....

Saturday was probably the most beautiful day we have had in bmore in a long long long time. It was shorts and t shirt weather which should've made me realize everyone and their brother would be out on the lake fishing. I fished for 31/2-4 hours and was so frustrated by the time I left I immediately cracked a beer when i got home.

The water was crystal clear and fairly warm w/o a cloud in the sky, I could see 5-7 (maybe even a 8lbers) bass swimming along boulders on the banks the entire time. In this particular area there is a deep drop off from shore that contains huge rocks and very limited vegetation at this point in the year.

I threw everything but the kitchen sink at these fish for 4 hours and no takers! It got so ridiculous that at one point I actually hit what appeared to be a 7lber right in the @ss with a shad rap and the thing barely moved! I guarantee with my luck if it woulda been 45 degrees and raining I would have caught fish, but on a beautiful day I always get skunked! Anyhow what are some good recommendations on lures for blue bird type days with crystal (and I mean bath tub clear) water id say in the upper 50's-60s degree mark with limited vegetation? I want to see if there is anything I havent tried (I am sure there is). Thanks!!
Old 04-21-08, 12:44 PM   #2
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

Hey man, where you from in md and where you fishin at ?

But anyway, Been in that spot a few times if you have ne thing like a storm swimbait bluegil or sumthing like mattlures bluegil ...I recently bought the ulitmate bluegil from mattlures and decided to try it out because they wouldnt bite ne thing else. And I started to wreck them ...This was on saturday up at dundee.

Check it out
http://www.mattlures.com/ultimatebluegill.htm
Old 04-21-08, 12:54 PM   #3
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Seems that a lot of people had a tough day on the water fishing. First thing to learn is that if you can see the fish and they aren't interested then move on. Sucks but you'll find other fish that are feeding. Most of the time if you drop a bait near the fish and turn down on the bait they may bite. If they don't move towards it then forget it. Move on. Make a little run up or down lake and see if things are different. If you are fishing a small pond then pull back and fish deeper areas. If that doesn't work then just go home and drink a beer and straighten your tackle box and re-tie some line.
Old 04-21-08, 01:22 PM   #4
damian2b

I was fishing loch raven reservoir, I live in Canton in the cty. It's the closest freshwater to me. I hear what you are saying about moving on. My only issue is I fish from shore and as I said by the time I left the shoreline was more crowded than I have ever seen it. I was going to rent a boat however I am currently house poor. Ill just chalk it up to having a bad day. If fishing was ez more people would definitely be doing it. :-)
Old 04-21-08, 03:46 PM   #5
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Shore fishing changes things. Takes away the run up or down the lake idea.

I'll disagree that you had a bad day. I think that you probably learned how bedding bass react to baits when they are in a non-feeding mood. It's when you see the opposite behavior is when all the fun begins!!!! Check back again this week, Thurs or Fri, and see if they're locked on to beds. If they haven't spawned and the rain backs them off you may see them again and find them in a feeding mood.
Old 04-21-08, 04:12 PM   #6
damian2b

well...going back to the old addage that a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work! No day that I fish is a bad day trust me! :-) Have no fear...I will return and conquer!
Old 04-23-08, 09:54 PM   #7
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.