Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 07-12-08, 09:11 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default lets see how good you all are...

tourny tomarrow on lake tillery 5:30am till 1pm..water is clear 6-8 foot vizability and as of last evening 87 degrees. lake has lil to no vegation.

what do ya supose will work?? where?? color?? answers will be posted after returnin from the weighin takes an hour to get here so say 3pm-depending on how much bs i encounter-

bassnman30 you and i both know what works on it during the summer so no hints please...

zooker
Old 07-12-08, 09:20 PM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'd use a 6 inch pumpkinseed worm t-rigged with a 1/32 ounce bullet on light line. Also consider a yo-zuri, and possibly a topwater popper, especially early in the morning....Anywhere close?
Old 07-12-08, 09:49 PM   #3
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Flippin a Booyah Pond magic spinnerbait into point dropoffs.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 09:51 PM   #4
jooleyen

Blue/Chartreuse med/deep crankbait on windy points 12' deep.
Old 07-12-08, 10:02 PM   #5
WTL

I'd look for current around river channels and rocks. Start off throwing a crankbait, say a Bandit, and maybe throw a senko or a fluke on a split shot a little too.
Old 07-12-08, 10:04 PM   #6
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Points, rock piles, and brush piles picked through with a deep diving crankbait. I'm even going to say a Bomber or Rapala DT Series in "Shad" color.

Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 10:39 PM   #7
Buzz Wing

But as WTL said in one of my posts such as this, this does not explain the ways/techniques of cathcing bass. See explanation below.

For example, I see three people voted upon cranks as "the bait". If you wanted to be a smart ***, you could throw everything but cranks and catch fish. You see? It depends on what you throw unless the fish are tight-wads and nit-picky. If they want a crank and crank only, then yes, a crank it is. If they're biting on a "rock of crack", as WTL put it, as well as this-and-that and this-and-that, then you could tell use a majority of lures.

I guess I'm trying to say it comes down to what you want to throw/choose/reason with...

Old 07-12-08, 10:46 PM   #8
Jim80

seeing as it is zooker asking the question i'm gonna vote for a crankbait maybe something from bandit in a shad color , or possibly a single willow spinner in white .

and not for nothing buzz but cathcing is not a word (hehehe)
Old 07-12-08, 10:48 PM   #9
Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
seeing as it is zooker asking the question i'm gonna vote for a crankbait maybe something from bandit in a shad color , or possibly a single willow spinner in white .

and not for nothing buzz but cathcing is not a word (hehehe)

Dern new-fangled "com-put-ers"...

Old 07-12-08, 10:57 PM   #10
WTL

I didnt agree with the premise that there was a right strategy to start with, I just said what I would probably end up throwing. Of course I have been throwing those lures a lot lately anyways.

The problem I had with your "quizes" was that you were talking about what caught 1 or 2 fish, which could have been a total fluke, the name quiz implied there was a right answer, and especially in the one with the picture you had such a huge mudline I could texas rig a condom and probably land something there.

I really dont think Zook will catch fish on any of our suggestions, or I hardly think they are any better of suggestions than picking a lure and technique out of a hat - I was tempted to say a spinnerbait even thought textbook wise the water clarity is supposed to rule that out. If he catches all his fish on spinnerbaits tommorow, I wont raise my eyebrows one bit. I wouldnt raise them if he caught his fish on just about any bass lure.
Old 07-13-08, 12:10 AM   #11
Fishbear
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbear

a ragetail shad, fished weightless, or a suspending jerkbait.
Old 07-13-08, 02:16 AM   #12
Bender

as much as I don't like to do it, maybe skip some docks and pontoons. Try a white tube or a light color stick worm.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 02:36 PM   #13
zooker

#1 lake tillery is the toughest summer lake i have ever fished..i used a lucky craft gun fish and caught 2 bass on it early. caught 2 more pitching docks with an all BLACK jig. last one came on a carolina rigged black huly grub.. caught a big gar on a rc 3.5 lucky craft bait it was almost the only thing i caught on a crankbait..none of the fish above were keeper size-dam them 13.75" fish...

i hung a jug line with the rc 3.5 crank with a 20+ pound flat head attached...

of the 30 anglers that fished tillery with us. only 3 guys weighed in fish. she was THAT tough of a day...

zooker
Old 07-13-08, 03:53 PM   #14
Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I didnt agree with the premise that there was a right strategy to start with, I just said what I would probably end up throwing. Of course I have been throwing those lures a lot lately anyways.

The problem I had with your "quizes" was that you were talking about what caught 1 or 2 fish, which could have been a total fluke, the name quiz implied there was a right answer, and especially in the one with the picture you had such a huge mudline I could texas rig a condom and probably land something there.

I really dont think Zook will catch fish on any of our suggestions, or I hardly think they are any better of suggestions than picking a lure and technique out of a hat - I was tempted to say a spinnerbait even thought textbook wise the water clarity is supposed to rule that out. If he catches all his fish on spinnerbaits tommorow, I wont raise my eyebrows one bit. I wouldnt raise them if he caught his fish on just about any bass lure.
A fancy way of putting what I was saying...
Old 07-13-08, 04:03 PM   #15
bamabassman

i'm with jools here. PLUS...take a silver spoon and shake it offa the rocky points using a pork rind on as a trailer, real deep water drop offfs. hahaha i get the smallest bass trophy gang, hahahahahahahahahaha.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 06:00 PM   #16
jooleyen

Rotfl wtl.
Old 07-13-08, 06:54 PM   #17
Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
#1 lake tillery is the toughest summer lake i have ever fished..i used a lucky craft gun fish and caught 2 bass on it early. caught 2 more pitching docks with an all BLACK jig. last one came on a carolina rigged black huly grub.. caught a big gar on a rc 3.5 lucky craft bait it was almost the only thing i caught on a crankbait..none of the fish above were keeper size-dam them 13.75" fish...

i hung a jug line with the rc 3.5 crank with a 20+ pound flat head attached...

of the 30 anglers that fished tillery with us. only 3 guys weighed in fish. she was THAT tough of a day...

zooker
So you left a Lucky Craft tied to a jug-line all day? And caught a kitty?

Wish I'd known where that jug-line was!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.