Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-05, 07:11 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Fishing With Joe Thomas

Back in my hay day, I got to fish against Joe Thomas at the sept BASS tournament 1993 at white oak on the ohio river
He had just come off the road from some other tourney, I was the greenhorn , I had qualified for that weekend through weight during the year, I drew a guy from
Mississippi that was really good with the jig
...black and chartreuse with some colore small craw.
we fished against joe and even back then the crowd would all talk about him being there, his technique, where he fished etc
Well that day I got 26th and Joe got 3rd.. I only had 1 fish~
can your believe it? only 30 anglers weighed in about of 280..it rained all day both days
So anyway , back to Joe, hes a local Ohio boy and has his own bass fishing show, I doubt if any of ya ever heard of him or have seen him, he was first one out at the BASS MASTERS classic last time around, a victim '
of not using the drop shot , instead he opted for the jig
He had on his tv show some ohio pro that grew up new michigan / canada border and was throwing the drop shot
lots of smaller fish but they add up at the weighing now dont they...and joe was working the outside edge of a weed bed.
Now many know some lakes where weed beds are hard to come by, I fished one today at the pond and tried his method, only to find the more active fish were meandering on the flats, where I got several on the top water....
So, its always good to try the methods displayed on tv,
sooner or later its going to work,
My point for writing this is that almost every angler ya see is beating the banks, its those smart folks that C rig an drop rig and fish the edges are going to have fish here in the hot summer months
The bass here finally have spawned and are biting!
Ya see signs of the fanning the tail redness as well as sagging bellie (like mine) from females..enjoy it while it last eh 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.