Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-11, 08:09 PM   #26
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Just got in from plowing (that right, now shoveling, but plowing) the driveway. We've already gotten 6" easy, and it's still coming down. I guess the predicted 2-5" was wrong... again...

Well good luck to you guys in the south without real snow shovels.

BB
Old 01-11-11, 08:59 PM   #27
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

First Bama tries to convince us that he was shovling snow and now BB says he's plowing snow. I guess they think we believe their fish stories too.
Old 01-11-11, 09:21 PM   #28
Bill M
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Another 12 + coming tonight looks like my area has two storms converging, one from the south and another from the west, and its looking like the meeting place is over my house
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 10:49 PM   #29
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Just got in from plowing (that right, now shoveling, but plowing) the driveway. We've already gotten 6" easy, and it's still coming down. I guess the predicted 2-5" was wrong... again...

Well good luck to you guys in the south without real snow shovels.

BB
You got that right, we have around 6" here also, and it is still coming down good, and should continue to come in off the lake all night... I am hoping they cancel my class in the morning...

Ryan
Old 01-11-11, 11:02 PM   #30
bamabassman

fellas.......i TRULY FEEL FOR YOU GUYS. i am ready ot BLOW UP!! called my boss this evening to ask what it looked like for tomorrow as far as me trying to come into work. he said to give it another day. so.............i will stay home another day i guess.
i REALLY don't know HOW IN THE WORLD YA'L;L DO IT!! i mean i know you guys are used to it and grew up in it, but GEEEZZZZZ. there is NO WAY IN HADES i could live up there man. i am about to go CRAZY. lisa is too. we love each other but being cooped up in the house together for 72 hours and COUNTING is about to drive us NUTS. hahaha. temps are falling fast here now. 12 degrees is the low for tonight and 10 tomorrow night. what we have on the roads thawed alittle bit and now will become ICE tomorrow. we ain't gonna see "normal" temps till next week, sunday maybe. i am aobut to run out of reeses cups and cokes are getting thin too.
on the other hand lisa went out and got the hunters camera and we looked at the pics. seen a BIG OL 8 POINT at the feeder. i MIGHT......MIGHT see about going after him tomorrow since i am gonna be home. lol. if i get him, he'll have ot stay outside till ican get off the mountain. but it'll be cold enogh he won't get spoiled. he has a NICE rack on his head too. would look great hanging on my wall. ain't no bass up there. i gotta have SOMETHING hanging up there right? hahahaha.

on a serious note fellas. ya'll be careful up there ok? i know you are used to it and all that stuff. but you never know what can happen. so jsut be careful.

if i don't go after "biggun" i may get all my tackle in my office and do some re-spooling and such. play wtih it anyway. getting real itchy now. i can SMELL spring...or is it jsut cabin fever again?
Old 01-11-11, 11:13 PM   #31
keithdog

Well, may as well add to this thread, lol. Had to make a 6-1/2 hour drive down interstate 65 and back today for work in extremely trecherous conditions, and man the things I saw. At least 40-50 vehicles and trucks slid off the road. A lot of flipped semis incl one that was haulin 8 brand new Ford vans for delivery. It flipped and crashed into some trees and 3 vans went flying. Watched a big ole Uhaul moving truck swearve all over the road right in front of me before slidding off and down a 35 foot embankment! How he ever kept it from flipping over I'll never know. I was sayin some prayers the whole way! Cleared about 5 inches off the drvieway when I got home. Just came in from blowin another 6. I'm really sick of this myself. Now I have to go clear snwo at work in the morning. God knows how much snow will be waitting for me by then. Hey, was that a bass I just heard jump??? Man, I gotta get me a shrink.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:07 AM   #32
Abbeysdad

Jeez....you pampered southern girls sure make a lotta fuss over a little snow!
Take the hood off one of them cars you got in the yard, find a hill and go sliding.
Old 01-12-11, 01:37 AM   #33
bamabassman

hahahaha, abbey! when i was a MUCH younger fella we did that sort of thing. had a friend of my brother who had a cut down VW. we tied a slide from and swingset and rode it all over the feilds and pastures. not anymore, old bones take longer to heal man. i know you don't think 49 is old...........but it sure feels like it. i fell on the road today (it was iced over) walking the dog. had on thermals, jeans, then coveralls and it STILL HURT! hahaha. yes i laughed at myself too. crawled to the side and pulled myself up. i am ok, no broken hips or bones. just bruised my pride a little, but i do that all the time, no foul, no harm.
but if you were to live here over a summer you would wonder how we can stand the heat. think about 110 degrees with 80% humindity. like living in a sauna. and we FISH in that kind of weather pal. lol. work in it too. outside at that. manual labor. wanna try it? lol.
and i have said this before too. i have been up in chicago during feb. it was like 10 below and i was not that cold up there. it was a DRY cold. much different than a WET cold like we have. i know,i know it IS cold.........but it is different. been in the rockies too. 30 below there. and we were wearing light clothing because of the sunshine. different kind of cold pal.

and another thing man......my truck and lisa's lids stay on the vehicles. ain't got no JUNK cars in my yard. maybe down the road there is one. but not here. hahahaha.
Old 01-12-11, 09:12 AM   #34
Abbeysdad

lol bama! - uncle. In a past life I worked in a restaurant kitchen that was on the second floor of a very oold building - about 110 all the time in the summer. One adapts....one sweats, but one adapts.

Hang on...in a week or so, this snow will just be something to talk about when yer memberin that snow we got back when.

Sorry you fell down ole timer...glad nothing broke - best be careful...specially a fella of yer advanced experience ;-)

take care
Old 01-12-11, 10:12 AM   #35
TN_Bassin

We tore the bed out of an old nissan last year and tied it to the back of a four wheeler. we had about 6 people in the back of that thing. Good Times.

All I know is we had about 5 inches when it all was said and done. Glad it got up to 35 the day after and melted a little or we would have around 8" or 9". And its still snowing. Dropped another inch and a half yesterday and is comin down pretty good right now.

And Bama you are right on about the different "colds". I'd rather it be in the negatives with 30-50% humidity rather than the constant 70%+ we get down here and 20 something temps.
Old 01-12-11, 12:08 PM   #36
nofearengineer

BWAHAHAHAA!

That picture is classic. You can just see it in his eyes, how much he is hating it.
Old 01-12-11, 01:40 PM   #37
bamabassman

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah bryce i DO hate it. right now, the sun is shining like mad. BUT SNOWING AGIAN!!! high today might get to 26. low tonight is gonna be 10 degrees. lisa and i are about to cut each others throat, hahaha. or i should say SHE is about to cut mine,lol. still stuck at home. running low on reeses now. might have ot saddle up a horse and go to town (best way to trave right now).

abbey, i ain't mad at cha pal. i don't mind getting laughed at buddy. goes with the territory haha.

we BETTER THAW OUT FRIDAY or i am gonna go nuts for real!!! AND TO BE HONEST, WE AIN'T INTO OUR snow months. WHICH IS USUALLY FEB AND MARCH AND SOMETIMES APRIL. hard winter down here for us folks gang. hard winter i tell ya. and yes we'll be talking about this in the coming years. i know i will at the get together.
Old 01-12-11, 01:43 PM   #38
nofearengineer

John...it looks so cold there. You better go put your Pink Hoody on!!!
Old 01-12-11, 01:46 PM   #39
bamabassman

i can't bryce.......you got it remember? lmao!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.