Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-05, 04:33 PM   #1
ploop...BOOM
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ploop...BOOM
Default Behavioral changes

Good afternoon all,
Reading some of the posts about what to throw, where to go, etc., I got to wondering about overall bass behavior with awkward weather. Here in the northeast we had a rather poor summer - lots of rain, followed by a very mild winter (so far - pending snow storm tomorrow). In years past, guys would be ice fishing for over a month now - currently, most lakes only have areas of thin ice over them. Knowing bass relate mostly to water temps, how is this going to affect the overall behavior of bass or the overall conditions of the water? Will there be a change, or will it all depend on the spring's weather conditions? What about the "turnover" of the lake? Will vegitation be affected? Will the "normal" growth of the bass be affected by this abnormal weather condition?
I hope I'm not being too vague with this......overall, will the past 6 months of weather - going from warmer/wetter than normal summer to warmer/dryer weather than normal in winter?
I don't even understand what I'm asking, hopefully someone will pick up on it.
Thanks,
Bob
ploop...BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.