Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-05, 10:48 AM   #1
spinner_13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to spinner_13
Default Fished all weekend some particular worm ??'s

OK,

I have read and read.

I learned about T, Carolina and drop shot rigs. I bought various colors of worms and jigs. Also craw plastics and salamder plasitcs.

I was in northern Michigan near Ludington this past weekend on some extremely clear water. I could see the bass and their reactions to my worms etc.

The questions I have are as follows.

On a carolina rig from my understanding I cast it out and move it 6-8 inches and then pause. when i move it am I moving it the full 6-8 inches in one quick movement or am I slowly creeping it across the bottom? How long of a pause 1 minute or more or less?

On the T Rig am I using it like a jig and getting the worm off the bottom then letting it float back to the bottom? Again how quickly is one motion and how far should I make it "jump"? Do I want it to be quick or does it not matter as the bass typically strike on its way down.

Those are my basic two quesitons and thanks.
spinner_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 11:28 AM   #2
FLFishFan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLFishFan
Default Re: Fished all weekend some particular worm ??'s

Isn't Michigan a great place to fish. I will be in gaylord next week. Try different stuff. There is no wrong way and no right way. I have experimented and that is the best way to learn. The lake i fish up north is the same conditions 8)
FLFishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 11:38 AM   #3
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

The key to fishing a Carolina rig is fishing it slowly and keeping the weight on the bottom. To keep your sinker on the bottom sweep your rod to one side to drag the sinker, reel in the slack line, then sweep your rod again.

On a Texas rig its probably easier to let it sink back to the bottom than float back to the bottom. ;D You can lift your worm off the bottom but some people crawl the worm along the bottom a few inches at a time pausing for several seconds between each move. Both techniques will work. If you prefer lifting the worm off the bottom you do the same thing. You raise your rod in the air moving the worm a foot or so at a time pausing several seconds between each move.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:04 PM   #4
spinner_13
BassFishin.Com Member

fishinmich, Yes I love the state especially for fishing those clear waters.

Lockjaw great info!!

The question I have is with the Carolina when I 'Sweep the rod'. Am I doing it at a live worms pace? Or am I doing the full 6 or so inches in one faster motion?

I am afraid the fish will lose interest if not fished right.

Old 06-06-05, 12:51 PM   #5
juicy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to juicy

Snake that is the question only the fish can answer, there is no rule to the speed that you should move a bait, you have to figure out how the fish want it at that particular time, could change several times through out the day depending on there mood.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 01:25 PM   #6
spinner_13
BassFishin.Com Member

That answers that then Thanks everyone.

Old 06-06-05, 04:34 PM   #7
basshunter205
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basshunter205

C-Rig can be reeled in slowly on the bottom or moved in a little bit at a time. just depends on what the bass want.

T-Rigs can be fished in every imaginable way. I drag on the bottom, hop them off the bottom, shake them on the bottom, swim them, etc. you can do everything with a T-Rigged plastic.

basshunter205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 05:14 PM   #8
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

SNAKE,

The main thing with worms is to fish them slow. If you think you are fishing too slow, slow down some more.
When you are hopping a worm, only lift your rod about 2 to 3 inches and stop. Then raise another 2 to three inches and pause while the worm drops to the bottom and raise the rod another 2 to 3 inches and pause.
I crawl a worm very slowly as apposed to hopping it because I can feel what the worm is doing, what it is crawling across, such as gravel, rock, mud or logs. I can also feel the instant the fish picks it up.
By crawling the worm very slowly, I do not fish a C-rig. I fish a worm with a 1/8 oz weight slow enough that it stays in contact with the bottom and I have better feel. The only difference is that a C-rig can be cast a lot farther due to the ultra heavy weight. The extra distance can get you in a lot of trouble in brushy areas, because the fish has all that room to get tangled in the brush and you can lose him.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.