Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-05, 11:54 PM   #1
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hope
Default North Carolina Anglers?

I'm located in N.E. NC and was wondering if you have had any luck on the local fresh water? Its still a little cold and can't even get strikes on sticks or cranks. You guys had any luck? If so, on what.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 12:17 AM   #2
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: North Carolina Anglers?

I'm down in the Lake Norman area of NC. Me and my buddy have gone out a few times, and haven't had any luck at all. This screwed up weather we have been having all winter hasn't helped any at all. The bass don't know if it is Winter or Sping here.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 09:35 AM   #3
nospotweld
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nospotweld

Hef where are you at in NE North Carolina . I have fished the Trent and Neuse out of Lawsons Creek in the past month with no luck at all neither. Fish was caught there .....just not on the boats i was on lol. I was fishing the Poorboy tourneys and the 2 weekends i went i think 3 out of 25 boats caught fish. I went down to a lil creek off the NE Cape Fear on the 23rd and fished from the bank there and caught some i would of loved to had in those tourneys. I am out of Duplin County and probably not to far from you ....maybe see ya on the water sometime
nospotweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 12:50 PM   #4
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassin, I'm in Elizabeth City. I fish these local farm ponds, some creeks, and Lake Phelps. I have a lot of brackish water here(which I can't stand). I'm in the Navy and originally from Oklahoma, so I'm not used to the saltwater mixture thats why I stick to the local ponds. Don't know exactly that county is where your from. What towns are in that county?
Old 02-26-05, 12:52 PM   #5
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

The weather is nice today, but that rain/winter storm we had the other day, screwed things up but I think I'm gonna give'er another try today anyway.
Old 02-27-05, 09:52 AM   #6
nospotweld
BassFishin.Com Member

Hef , im kinda stuck in the middle of a lot of good places to go that are bout an hour from me. Like you said tho a lot are Brackish. Im close to a town called Clinton, or maybe you have heard of Goldsboro since your in the service [Seymore Johnson] Your a ways from me tho i think your near the outerbanks .....right ? The closest i have fished to there is Pungo and south creek. Ever heard of those? I have fished those one time and had a great time. you never know what gona hit. We caught puppy drum bass and some others on the same body of water. i thought that was unbelievable......lol
Old 02-27-05, 04:41 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i fish the gator river during the fall and you are right bassin red fish and largemouth at the same places. i would say go with heavier line as red fish are NOT as easy to land as a bass is.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-05, 12:03 AM   #8
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah I've heard of those places, good fishing huh? I got skunked again the other day. Had two come up to crankbait, but turned away. I'm bout to head on deployment for a few weeks so hopefully they'll be tearing it up when I get back. Where is this place where the red fish are? Always wanted to set a hook in one.
Old 02-28-05, 04:57 PM   #9
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Fished Shearon Harris Sat. We caught 6 with 5 keepers. One guy caught one that weighed 8.9.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-05, 09:50 PM   #10
nospotweld
BassFishin.Com Member

Hef

Im not for sure the name of the towns. Me and my son inlaw went with a couple of other guys on their boats. I do know we went to Pungo river that mornin and fished till bout ten or so and came in loaded the boats and went to catch the ferry over to south creek. it was there where we caught the reds and bass .

PS be careful while deployed . we will be lookin to hear from ya when ya get back
Old 02-28-05, 10:15 PM   #11
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

I appreciate it. I'll give you guys a holler upon my return. Hopefully by then, these bass will be moving up on beds. lol
Old 03-01-05, 02:44 PM   #12
Basshopper
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Basshopper

Bassman, >
Why did you say one guy caught an 8.9, that one guy was the Bassenforcer.
Basshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 04:37 PM   #13
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassenforcer, the name is BASSNMAN30 !
At least I did give you SOME credit.
I got one of those LC baits that you refered me to, or maybe you just told me what you wanted me to believe.
It doesn't really matter though. I needed some new tackle.
Old 03-01-05, 05:17 PM   #14
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassenforcer link=board=MessBoards;num=1109300053;start=0#11 date=03/01/05 at 12:44:31]Bassman, >
Why did you say one guy caught an 8.9, that one guy was the Bassenforcer. [/quote]

I wouldn't be mad, heck you showed em all up, and that's one heck of a Hawg ;D Congratulations.

Lizards:
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-05, 07:34 PM   #15
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

haaaa and bassman guess who i got as a partnered with on that lil chunk of water. that is right the bass enforcer...

lmao

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 08:45 AM   #16
nospotweld
BassFishin.Com Member

Hef , ya better hurry back cause i think they are already moving up......LOL ... went yesterday afternoon with the son inlaw again at a local farm pond, wind was hurricane force i think ;D and i was in the truck warmin up when i looked in the mirror and his pole was just about doubled and he was hollerin for me LMAO so i got out of the truck to help him get her to the bank and she weighed 7 lbs . but it was a good day for catching themjust windy and cold. caught several 2-3 lbs . might wanna give it another shot before ya leave 8)
Old 03-02-05, 08:48 PM   #17
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

NCBassin,
Thanks for the heads up. I leave on Tuesday, but I'll have this weekend to give'er hell. Supposed to be cold again this weekend, but I have to have something to brag about while I'm out. Good thing is I'm only out for a few weeks. I have ALOT of leave aquired, so I think I'm gonna burn some days up when I get back. Fair winds and following seas.
Old 03-03-05, 05:03 PM   #18
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

I was advised on you being his AMATEUR partner.
Gotta kind of feel bad for the guy . But you get to ride in his new Ranger. Thats one plus.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.