Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-05, 12:32 PM   #1
toto
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to toto
Default Fishing A Location

Just wondering,do you fish a location if youre showing no fish on your fishfinder or just fish spots thats showing fish? Ive had luck at both but better luck when showing fish. Any tricks?
toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 12:49 PM   #2
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl
Default Re: Fishing A Location

To tell you the truth,I fish a spot that gives me a good gut feeling.I know the pro's look at the electronics all the time.I only use them for depth , channels , humps and structure.I don't use them to look at fish,just for where fish live.I hope i've help and by the way,wellcome to the board..

flippin4it
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 01:00 PM   #3
Basser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Basser

i do the same.. i use electronics to know the depth and find structure of any type. find the structure find the fish
Basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 01:28 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

They could be wrong when it comes to spotting the fish. If the area is good with structure/cover, and has access to deep water close by, I'll fish it in a heartbeat, because I know fish are there, whether the screen shows them or not. Heck I've had a depthfinder tell me a battery was a big fish on the bottom.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 05:02 PM   #5
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

When it comes to using the electronics, you have to realize that the fish could be holding near by, but not close enough for the fishfinder to mark it. Just because you can't see them on the screen doesn't mean that you can't bring them in. There are lots of ways to attract bass from a distance.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 06:40 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

well my stepdad just finished his boat and has a depthfinder on it. but he only uses it to locate structure and the depth of the water. and i am used to shore fishing and i use my gut feeling along with the structure i see in the water etc. grass timber rocks. i usually have no problem finding fish this way when im on the shore.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-05, 10:38 PM   #7
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

I go with my gut, use the depthfinder for structure and so forth. Like mentioned above if there is good structure there will probably be fish close by. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 11:06 PM   #8
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

Keep in mind, what you are seeing on the lcd is under the boat, unless you have a "side-finder". I use mine setup like a paper graph reads so I can determine the species a lot better. I tend to ignore certain signals from the bottom. I look mostly for bait balls in the area and good structure/cover. Then I know the bass are there. I personally see a lot more open water species than bass unless I'm going directly over a deeper brushpile.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.