Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-05, 09:27 PM   #1

Default fishfinders

i am needing a fishfinder, i need a brand name and model no. and is the color display and advantage in gathering the misc, information.
Old 01-07-05, 10:18 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: fishfinders

Welcome to the forum!

Any of the name brands will probably do the job nicely. I have 2 Humminbird Fishfinder 565s-one on the console and one on the bow with a trolling motor mount. I've been real happy with them. I haven't used a color depthfinder so can't give you any input on that.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-05, 02:24 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Well it really depends on what you want out of it, and how much you want to spend. If you are just wanting a basic model, then I would say the Fishmark 320(I think it's like $150) is about the best deal going. If you want more hi-tech stuff with GPS capabilities, and barometer reading, then you can spend up to like $2000 for one. I also like Humminbird, where some folks can't stand them. I get Humminbird due to the sidefinding abilities it has, along with GPS add-on available, with the barometer add-on availble. If it's your first one, go inexspensive till you learn it a litlle better and figure out what you need, and want it to do for you.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-05, 02:40 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i agree with lizard i use 2 eagle depth finder's a 320 is by far the best for the price. also have a 168 up front.
look at it like this where are you putting the depth finder if it is where you do most of your casting from go with a wider cone angle. both of mine are 60 deree cones.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-05, 03:23 PM   #5
John_Cullum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to John_Cullum

I would reccomend this-

* Entry into Fishing System Technology
* 320 Vertical Pixels x 320H Ultra High-Contrast 5" LCD
* Clear Edge Inverse Grayscale makes faint fish, structure, and thermoclines jump off the screen
* Accelerated Real Time Sonar operates at up to 40 times per second to show what's under the boat, not behind it
* Screen Freeze Frame instantly stops the chart scroll; plus, see the entire image change as you make setting changes for the easiest and most accurate fine tuning
* GPS trackplotting capability lets you find and mark hot spots
* Accessory System capability for upgrade to Matrix-SMARTCAST Wireless Sonar Link, WeatherSense, and more
* Wide coverage DualBeam PLUS™ sonar maximizes fish and structure finding with a wide 60° beam and delivers superior bottom definition with a precise 20° beam
* Fully gasketed, waterproof construction - it floats!
* One-touch 2x, 4x, 6x, or 8x split-screen zoom
* 300 watts RMS (2400PtP) power output, 2-1/2" target separation
* 1000' depth capability
* Made in USA

HummingBird Matrix, they range from $150 up.

John_Cullum is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.