Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-05, 09:43 PM   #26
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: *BEWARE*

well to be honest i am a tad glad i don't live where you do felix the snakes here-specilly the nasty one's -are protected buy law. mind you a cotten mouth is worst than the others 1 in 10 survive a bite from them. not that if i found one sharing my lil jon boat i would say nice snaky and flip him over the side with a paddle.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 09:49 PM   #27
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

yeah, I exaggerated. I'm just saying that they are very aggressive and will readily bite you if you get too close, unlike a lot of other spiders.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-05, 06:07 PM   #28
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010

I am less concerned with the snakes where I fish that with the gators. I doubt that they would actually hunt me down or anything, but there is nothing that scares me like walking up to the edge of a tank to cast and some gator thrashing off of the bank and into the water. Heart beats hard for a half an hour after that. Can't concentrate on fishing for watching my back.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-05, 08:02 PM   #29
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

well i wear jeans when i go out(not that it would protect me or anything) and they make me feal safer ;D i also walk heavily and kick any fallen trees that im goin over. where i go out, there is knee high grass, bunch of fallen trees, and plenty of little trees about head tall. all right by the water. sounds like a snake paradise for me. i just hope i dont come across any cottonmouths :-X i saw what i believed to be a mud siren today. tried to catch it but it took off when i started walking to it.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-05, 09:43 PM   #30
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

NoBass, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-05, 09:46 PM   #31
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

The thought of passing under a tree with an eight-foot snake hanging from a branch doesn't appeal to me all that much. I feel fortunate that the only snakes I'm likely to encounter are non-poisonous.

However, snakes are more afraid of people than the reverse, and generally will not attack unless startled or trapped. If they see you first, their first instinct is to take off.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 08:36 AM   #32
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

haaaa marty you jest...

i know of one guy who even if he is catching 5 pounder's 1 after another off a point. if this guy sees a snake he will freak and take off down the lake a 1/2 mile or so and refuses to go back to that point.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 09:33 PM   #33
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=zooker link=board=MessBoards;num=1111547952;start=25#31 date=03/25/05 at 06:36:46]haaaa marty you jest...

i know of one guy who even if he is catching 5 pounder's 1 after another off a point. if this guy sees a snake he will freak and take off down the lake a 1/2 mile or so and refuses to go back to that point.

zooker [/quote]
Cripes, I think for five-pounders I'd fish in the middle of alligators!! 8)
Old 03-26-05, 12:48 AM   #34
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigcheese43

now up here in minnesotawe have few venomis snakes, well at least that i kno of, but i would never pick one up just because i would not know if tis venomus or not. I was wondering about that spider u guys were talking about. is it venomus or what?
bigcheese43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-05, 02:33 AM   #35
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

[quote author=Bendersbe16 link=board=MessBoards;num=1111547952;start=25#33 date=03/25/05 at 22:48:36]now up here in minnesotawe have few venomis snakes, well at least that i kno of, but i would never pick one up just because i would not know if tis venomus or not. I was wondering about that spider u Â*guys were talking about. is it venomus or what?[/quote]
All spiders have venom. Most don't have enough or the right type to be very harmful to humans, that is of course unless you have an allergic reaction
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-05, 06:14 AM   #36
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010

True enough about all spiders having venom, but the one they were talking about is the funnel web spider from Austrailia. That one is a whole other world of venom. According to emedicine.com, in those bites that cause deaths, the death can occur as quickly as 15 minutes after the bite.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-05, 06:25 AM   #37
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Good thing i live in TX
Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-05, 09:27 PM   #38
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Here's a neat one, called a black and yellow argiope. I took a picture of one years ago, a very similar photo to this one. I was showing some pictures to a woman at work and when she saw this, she screamed and pushed away from the desk. I hadn't known that she had a spider phobia and that it was so bad, she couldn't even stand pictures.

Old 03-26-05, 09:50 PM   #39
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Marty, I seen that same type of spider a few years ago on the side of my house.The thing was near the size of a quarter. That was until I splattered it with the air from my bb gun.I would rather have snakes around than spiders right Lizards ? Was it a Jim Stafford song ? P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-05, 09:57 PM   #40
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I used to see those spiders all over when I lived in illinois. They're not near as scary as huge wolf spiders that live around houses.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.