Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-07, 08:38 PM   #1
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default First Tourney!

Well, today I fished my first Jr Bass Federation Nation tournament. It was on a small 117 acre lake(electrics only), that has lots of cover, and is a very, very tough lake. We got there at 7:00, and found out we were an hour early, so we went ahead and launched the boat, and pulled it off to the side. My dad ended up taking out the photographer, since our boat isn't tourney ready. I ended up fishing out of a '94 Skeeter ZX200. The people that took me out weren't very experienced as boaters. We were also the only boat with 3 fishermen, and a boat captain, The boat captain laid on the seats behind the console, and went to sleep So, we launched the boat, with a little trouble, and then after a short talk, we were off. We headed to a brush covered clay bank, so I got ready to pitch jigs. The kid running the TM had a lead foot, and we were running between 3 and 4, on a 5 speed. As soon as I could pitch, the boat would be way in front of the target. So I ended up spinnerbaiting the whole day. I think if I could have slowed down, I might have had a better chance. 19 kids, 8 adults, and not a single fish was weighed in! All of us knew the lake very well, but noone could get a single bite! Hopefully I'll be with a better boat captain, and have better luck on Anna next month!

I still did have a great time! Hey, fishing is fishing!
Old 03-25-07, 09:27 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You'll get them next time. And having fun is what it is all about.
Old 03-25-07, 09:38 PM   #3
ILfishinman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

yea my first tourney last year i didnt weigh in either, once your in tourny mode your chances of catching fish goes down lol. tho we had a cold front roll in, only a few fish weighed, my partner having the biggest at 4.5 lbs with a total of 6.66 lb, weird. our first tourney of the year is next month. but we also get equal amounts of time on the TM so its not so bad, tho i had the adult run it when i was up casue i dont know how (dont own boat, YET). all that matters tho is that you had a good time.
Old 03-25-07, 09:58 PM   #4
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

Catching no fish but making out on the lake is still better then it being cancelled. My first tournament was yesterday. Mid sixties with early morning rain tappering off to a sunny day. Our tournament was cancelled due to icy conditions at the main launch site, and high waters closing the secondary launch.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.