Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-05, 09:35 AM   #1
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Anyone Drag Race?

If so,what kind of car and set up are you running? What does it run?Where is you home track and how well is it kept/opperated?

I'm racing out of northern Virginia, sometimes at the local 1/8 mile track in Mannassas,Old Dominion speedway.If I want to race 1/4 mile I race at MIR/Buds Creek Maryland. I am co-owner/co-driver of a 1963 Chevy2,small block and a Glide'. The car is a total peice of crap but it's pretty fast for what it is. We picked the combo and built it our self in the driveway.All we wanted to do was get away from our wives,drink some beer and build a 10 second street car and we wound up creating a "MONSTER" .

Last edited by flippin4it; 11-24-05 at 09:45 AM.
flippin4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-05, 10:42 AM   #2
fishinboy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to fishinboy

i dont race, but my uncle used to. seein as how your close to me you most likely know where summerduck speedway is. thats where he used to run. he ran a '67 camaro SS, SwEeT!!!! it looked like the biggest peice of crap, but man was it fast, i dont know the time he ran, but he won alot.
Old 11-24-05, 01:17 PM   #3
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

drag racing?????ok......i guess everyone has their hobbies??how many times has it blown up????
Old 11-25-05, 01:04 AM   #4
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hey man me and my buddies drag race around here but i aint never took my truck to the track still have few more upgrade before i do that
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 11:36 PM   #5
flippin4it

The engine in my Chevy2 has been run for 3 seasons and has yet to break.I built a "large" cubic inch small block so that I would not have to rev it to produce alot of power. Put it to you this way,it's a bored and stroked small block 400 , with a solid roller valve train. Just keep the valve's adjusted and she'll scream.
Old 11-26-05, 12:42 PM   #6
454ss

Yea i have a 388 stroker than im about to tear down and rebuild me and my uncle he tells me its probly pusin about 625 horses....if my dad lets me it will end up in my truck. But he told me that we can build any kind of engine i wont to just to let him know and if we do its either gone be my 350 i have now or a 400.
Old 11-27-05, 03:50 PM   #7
flippin4it

Remember that cubic inch's is the key.Always build the biggest you can afford.
Old 11-28-05, 02:31 PM   #8
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

I used to race in high school and college. They used to call me the sun dial kid, caused that's what they used to time me with.
Ran at Englishtown NJ
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 02:59 PM   #9
jbfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

My cousins and uncle all race. One of my cousins has a dragster that runs 5 sec. in a eighth. (she's a girl). My uncle has a 80 malibu that runs 6's and my other cousin runs a 5.11 in his 79 Malibu. My brother races in the street class with a 87 Grand Prix. He runs 10 something in the eight. They race in London Kentucky.
jbfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 08:42 PM   #10
flippin4it

jbfisher,I hate dragsters. Every time I go up against one it puts me on the trailer.LOL. I'd build one,but you can't drive it on the street.I have this thing with driving around town in a 10 second street car.
Old 11-29-05, 10:29 PM   #11
454ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippin4it
jbfisher,I hate dragsters. Every time I go up against one it puts me on the trailer.LOL. I'd build one,but you can't drive it on the street.I have this thing with driving around town in a 10 second street car.
Haha nice man, Ever get your engine dyno'ed or know what it costs?
Old 11-30-05, 07:34 AM   #12
flippin4it

SS, I've never had it dyno'd. The cost to build is hard to estimate due to the fact that we had everything but the crank,rods,pistons and cam.All in all it ran us around $4,000-$4,500 for the long block.The JE pistons,the custom ground small base circle roller cam and the bow tie aluminum heads is where alot of the money went.I also paid $1,000 for a custom built '8 inch converter from Coan.I know that i'd like to run a dominator on it some day,but that would mean swapping in a new intake too.
Old 12-09-05, 09:26 AM   #13
SouthernLrgMouth
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to SouthernLrgMouth
Default My P.O.S.

I own a 76 F-250. I bought this truck for 600 bucks but i got it only for the engine. it has a big block 351 M-Series, its bored out .30 over, racing cam, headers, flat top forged pistons, edelbrock 650 and high rise intake, and it only has 58,450 miles on the engine. I think i might drop the motor into a fox body stang
SouthernLrgMouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.