Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-05, 12:44 PM   #1
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott
Default Tourney Help

I am entering a small fishing tournament in Green Springs, Ohio at Beaver Creek Reservoir. This is just a small tournament with a few friends and it is going to take place on Memorial Day. I was just wondering what some of the best lures are to catch these big bass. I am interested in some topwater crankbaits, soft plastics, and spinnerbaits. If anybody has anybody has any suggestions, please reply. The water im fishing is kinda murky, and has cement piers, and is also surronded by rocks. The baitfish there are bluegill, and yellow perch.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 02:02 PM   #2
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20
Default Re: Tourney Help

u didnt specify the water temps, but from what info you gave, i would throw a fire tiger or chart/blue crank or a chartrues or fire tiger spinnerbait with a single indiana or colorado blade.

Good Luck
Definatly work a crank around the rocks and pillars

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 03:14 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Well Howdy neighbor? I live in Indiana. So the spawn will be just over, or possibly the last few spawning. Water temps will probably be lower 60's depending on weather from now until then. If fishing early am or late pm, topwater along flats are hard to beat. I would definatley have a spinnerbait tied on, and weightless black plastic lizards, or greenpumpkin Zellamanders were my best producer all of last may. With flukes in Alewife color being the second best. Cranks will work, and I don't know the lake, but either a Rat-L-Trap burned over submerged grass or some shallow divers(1'-2') in shad colors worked over the same vegetation can produce well. During the day look for the shade, either trees,docks whatever, and work those well. Catch a Limit and win it.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 04:20 PM   #4
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

I'm with boss on this.I'd try a buzzbait early making sure to make contact with any exposed cover. Then a Manns 4-/8- crankbait in citrus color around the rock and wood, thats a good color for murky water. Follow-up with a thumping colorado bladed spinnerbait, bright color or black skirt ;D Good luck 8)
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 09:50 PM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

LMAO, the crankbaits guys say crankbaits, and the plastics guys says plastics(me). Guess old habit are hard to break.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-05, 10:50 PM   #6
Big_Drew
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Drew

I would definately throw all three and add a jig-n-pig either black/blue, black/chartreuse, or black/brown. Use a variety of weights. Deffinately go with a buzz bait and/or a prop bait if the water is murky for a topwater. By murky I'm asuming you mean less than 2' visibilty. Be sure to have some gold blade spinnerbaits. They flash better under low light conditions than do silver.
Big_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.