Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-05, 06:58 PM   #1
Kathy_Bautista
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Kathy_Bautista
Default Furnace Bay Rods Pro-Staff

Hello All,

Furnace Bay Rods is proud to announce we will be sponsoring Kevin's page starting March 1st.

Also , we are coming off material supply issues that slowed our pro-staff growth. We are in need of entry level pro-staff in most geographic areas of the US. We need individuals who understand the intracacies of a little company and that are willing to grow with us and build relationships.

If interested please go to www.furnacebayrods.com and fill in the pro-staff application and submit it, or email me direct at johnu@furnacebayrods.com

Thanks,
John Uhler
Furnace Bay Rods
Kathy_Bautista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 07:09 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Furnace Bay Rods Pro-Staff

its good to have u sponsering and welcome to the board.i would like to be pro staff for ur company but im only 13(almost 14). anyways welcome to the forum
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 07:23 PM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

welcome john
this'll make the link easierwww.furnacebayrods.com
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 07:39 PM   #4

Bassintom - thanks.

Bassfisher02 - we have Junior pro-staff positions.

12 to 16 years a parent must become pro-staff with you.
16 to 18 years needs parental signature. Let me know and I'll give you the info. I have several staff members that joined as Juniors and are now full productive members of my staff.

John
Old 02-15-05, 09:01 PM   #5
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Tommy, He posts here every so often.His warranty on the rods should be examined before considering ,then check out the prices. Where is Spinnerb8 when you need an alliance ? Â*:-/ P N J http://www.furnacebayrods.com/warranty.htm
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 12:20 AM   #6
spinnerb8

I got your back on this one P-n-J..Have you seen the price on these rods?And being a pro staffer doesn't get them for you much cheaper.P-n-J is right,he posts like every 4 months with the same song and dance..And will these rods catch more fish for you??I can't answer that but I do pretty d*** good with rods under $100.00!!
Old 02-16-05, 02:28 AM   #7
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Spinnerb8, Thank you, Someone has to preach that you don't have to spend your childrens college fund in order to go fishing.The thing is to get out on the water with freinds and family members and relax and have fun and fill that brain of yours with good memories.When your in the old folks home and not able to do much of anything, you can remember back on all of the good times you had fishing, not how you had to work overtime to buy the top of the line fishing equipment. P N J
Old 02-16-05, 05:39 AM   #8
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

I also was contacted by them a couple times in the past. I was asked to purchase a number of rods at their cost, which is much more than i pay retail for my falcons. When asked if they would send me one to try? the answer was no. Then i was told if i could sell their rods through a local dealer i could earn points toward equipment. It sounded to me like they were looking for door to door salesman not pro staffers. I understand the cost factor, but it shouldnt cost us to be a pro staffer and to advertise their products. advertising is expensive, if i'm gonna wear their logo, and plaster that on my tow vehicle or my boat at least i shouldnt have to pay for it. At least my sponsor provides baits at no cost to me and pays for the logos etc. Just my opinion. .................. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 11:47 AM   #9
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Sounds like Mr. Uhler doesn't have too many friends on this post ;D.

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 04:11 PM   #10
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Ok fellows. Â*I don't know a thing about Furnace Bay Rods, but I really don't think we should be insulting a paying sponsor who's coming on board here. Â*I'm sure Kevin is grateful for the sponsorship, and we should be saying "Thank you and welcome aboard."

So thank you and welcome aboard John.

By the way. I was offered a "Pro Staff" spot with Cajun Boats years ago. I would have to buy a boat. They were not going to give me one. I would have gotten a discount. They wanted me to do just what John asks his "pro staff" to do. Promote the product, and try to sell it. John's rods may be expensive, but a custom made, top of the line quality rod is going to be.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 05:55 PM   #11
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

John Uhler,
I was only making an observation, don't take it serious . Welcome aboard, I look forward to the information you bring to this message board.

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 10:42 PM   #12
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

CAJUN,

John Uhler posted on this site on May 8, Oct 2 & Nov 12 about Furnace Bay rods and wanting people to sign up as "Pro Staffers". Now he is coming on and saying that he will become a paying advertiser on March 1. I think we should wait and see if he actually becomes a paying advertiser before we welcome him to the board as such.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 11:35 PM   #13
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

By no means was i knocking john or Furnace Bay rods, or anyone who fishes. Sponsors are hard to come by these days. we all have our agendas . John hope it all works out for you, welcome to the board. I apologize if my message came off the wrong way. All sponsorships have their own criteria and if what they are doing works for them, then go for it. It just wasnt for me at the time I was talking with them. sorry if I put out the wrong message. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-05, 06:54 AM   #14
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

BassinSocial,Why was this last post posted ?You expressed your opinion you gathered from previous knowledge.I do the same thing here, I try to give the most accurate opinions or viewpoint so we can help one another to learn, a shortcut to the learning process.No one here knowingly posts false information to harm another person or his business on this board. P N J
Old 02-17-05, 03:55 PM   #15
Kathy_Bautista
BassFishin.Com Member

Hello to those who responded.

I was approached by Kevin to be a sponsor. I have posted here before with permission from Kevin, not like some, I always go to the page owner for such posts. Always there are people who jump on and ridicule. I expect that, but I always keep track of the quality of members and how they respond and that does effect our decision on sponsorship and to what level.

Sponsorship is based on a percieved value between both parties. Those who have shallow portfolios are offered an entry level position always with the ability to raise the bar and earn their way into product and or other contract situations.

Consider this. If I give you product for your services, I have paid you an income and you are an employee, not a guest. There are strict expectations and most don't have the talent or exposure to increase our bottom line, and that is the job of the pro-staff, increase the bottom line. Pro-staff is not advertising. It is contact sales and promotion with the intention of placing our product in the hands of potential customers and dealers. For that, rewards bespeak the success.

Entry level is a discount level, that is what I posted for. I have 5 pros on pay and product and spend more than I care for advertising. Anyone who believes they have a deep enough proven track record portfolio with referals I would be more than glad to look them over.

All video must be on digital disk. Tear sheets and copies of all stories and print matter would be prefered on disc but will take tear sheets. Radio interviews may be on tape if need be. Any tv clips must be accompanied with show times and program raties for tha particular spot as provided by the channel programmer. Testimoials and referals must be in print and signed and dated. Resumes can be on disc but must be in desending order of accomplishments.

To whoever said they were contacted by us I would be more than willing to speek to you, however I don't contact perspective pro-staff members unless they contact me first, so if I talked to you you must have made the first step and it is always possible that our values towards each other didn't meet.

Also to those who espouse using less expensive product is great. But our rods are made here in the US and not imported from overseas and we pay our people well. Our rods hold about $80 in cost building here in the US at rate pay and high overhead, it has nothing to do with huge profits or gains by us, just good quality US crafts people.

If you consider yourself a good friend of a certain page and a sponsor is coming on and gets dumped on, that's not good. YOur might want to rethink the next time you do that. If you have an issue with me, speak directly to Kevin because he came to me.

Send portfolios to:
Furnace Bay Angling Products, LLC
2057 Pulaski Hwy. Suite 3
North East, MD 21901

John Uhler
Old 02-17-05, 08:59 PM   #16
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

Well, that was probably more information than I wanted!
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-05, 09:04 PM   #17
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

John, As far as I know He has yet to answer any email the members here have sent concerning issues about the board. I considered your products, but I do not have the money or the time (mostly money) to fish every tournament here and secondly there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Castaway Bud Pruitt series Flipping sticks I have now.Thank You for your response to our posts, Welcome aboard and settle in to have alot of fun.I will try to catch up with Mr Toarmino and have a look at your products.Â*8) P N J
Old 02-17-05, 09:31 PM   #18
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

wow belive it or not i had at one time a mill creek fly rod-one of there's- i have to admit i never paid for it but i won it in a tourny-trout- as i do not have this rod any more the only thing i found it would throw well was 444 cortland as long as it was NOT rocket taper.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-05, 10:04 PM   #19
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I think John Uhler's last post was fair. Lets face it, Furnace Bay is in business. They could not stay in business if they sent out new rods to every guy on this message board in exchange for us wearing a sticker or mentioning the rod once or twice. This is how a free market works, he makes an offer, we either can accept this offer, buy furnace bay products, tout their line, give them feedback, or we can go buy st. croix, loomis, falcon, kistler ect and go our own merry way. There is no reason to insult the guy for making an offer.

I would like to remind some people here that we don't own this board, despite the time we devote to it. This is Kevin's site and he is free to do with it as he pleases. It may appear at times that Kevin takes a hands-off approach to running this site but it is obvious from the rather large group of diverse members that Kevin has done something right - that and also getting the rights to the web address bassfishin.com, those rights are no doubt worth a little.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-05, 10:19 PM   #20
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

WTL, I have worked in a factory for 20+ years, I have taken several surveys and notes over the years from the guys who are known as kiss @sses.The general population of them seem to like to wear lipstick when they kiss butt, it leaves a longer lasting impression , they go so far as to find waterproof lipstick so it doesn't wash off in the showers easily. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DJust kidding with ya. ;D P N J
Old 02-17-05, 10:28 PM   #21
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

PnJ, it is so good to see you conversing about a subject you know so well (for once)....lipstick....what shade do YOU wear? ;D
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-05, 10:56 PM   #22
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

WTL, Â*;D Pretty good response , You nearly got me on that one but if you read the job post, I am still a welder. I will break it down for you .Awelder is the grunt of the factory world, Lower than Bass turds on the bottom of the lake.I have been there long enough to know I ain't ever gonna amount to nothing but a welder.I really haven't thought about wearing lipstick if chapstick while fishing doesn't count. But if I were crazy enough to wear it, notice I haven't ruled that out yet. The jury is still out on that decision . I am secure enough in my manhood Â*to wear it without fear of it turning me into something that I am not.I bet the wife would seek therapy for me though.Either that or force me to go buy my own if I started wearing it on a daily basis, she don't support my fishing habit, I can't see her buying me lipstick either.;D Â*;D ;D Its good to see that you've got a good sense of humor too. Â*;D P N J
Old 02-17-05, 11:38 PM   #23
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I love you Guys!!! LOL....

Yall be good!

Chip
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-05, 05:23 PM   #24
Kathy_Bautista
BassFishin.Com Member

Just a note of interest. The pricing you see on the web page is for our top line proprietary blank assembled rods. These blanks are made from our own short run prepreg that is costly to make in short runs below construction minimum. All costs are reflected there and in components as well as quality cork and wrap work. We build from scratch and there is no held inventory. So when you order a rod from that particular line you get in line with all other customers and dealers, reps, pro-staff etc. Also in that price rang is a very fair marh-up for any dealers and reps who also have to make a living.

We also can produce much less expensive product on standard 33 and 43 mil modulus prepreg with carbon off axis fibers for hoop strength. These are great work horse rods that may not have the top performance impact as the Compitition line but in the right hands they are very formidable pices of equipment. Very stable, durable, and sensitive to boot since we use a 750 series resin system instead of the standard.

If you have questions about custom build and pricing just call the office and we'll quote you a price. We also have our own label maker so we can produce your own labels for you based on your art work.

John Uhler
Furnace Bay

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.