Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-05, 03:29 PM   #1
StealthCharging
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to StealthCharging
Default fightin a bass

does anyone when they got a fish on press the buttin and let the bass run for a while
StealthCharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 03:30 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: fightin a bass

Nope-I want to get it in the boat as fast as possible.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 08:09 PM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

yeah,push the button..put the rod down and go take a nap.every time i think you asked the dumbest question...you go and ask an even dumber question.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 01:29 PM   #4
Eddie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eddie

i use a real tight drag and get them to the boat a.s.a.p..the longer you fight a fish the greater the lactic acid buildup in the fish which decreses it's chance of survival.better to get them out and in as fast as possible.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 03:04 PM   #5
Big_Hawg_in_Va
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Big_Hawg_in_Va

Yeah, Dodge's right, the longer you fight 'em the less their chance of survival. If you're keeping, tho, that's not much of an issue.

Obviously, you're fishing with a push-button. I can't remember if they've got a drag you can set, but if so, you can set it lighter than you have it now and the drag will pull with less fight from the fish. Just a way to fight a little bit longer. We used to take our lighter rods and set the drags real light and fish for big 'gills, they can already fight to hell and back, but hearing that drag scream when they run is a blast.

Just an aside, what the heck's up bassinTom's ***? I just started here today, but damn, what may be a stupid question to you might be a real mystery to a younger or less experienced angler. How about just help him out, or maybe just don't post at all? I have a few questions myself, but now that I see your attitude I wonder whether I should even waste my time. I realize you're a "God" on this board, many posts and such, so I say this with due respect as I am a newbie, this is my first post. I do think the thread starter would be much better served not having to read smart, demeaning comments like yours. Is that the type of thing I'm going to read here daily?
Big_Hawg_in_Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 03:37 PM   #6
badbassin

screw u bassintom
Old 05-29-05, 03:52 PM   #7
Eddie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eddie

it wasn't very nice come to think of it.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 06:13 PM   #8
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

this kid uses several names and has been raising he** on here with some really stupid crap.he is not at all interested in learning anything about bass fishing.if he had read any previous posts he would at least have an inkling of what's involved.
he's a ba** breaker.i break them back...if you read in one of my posts that i'm not a nice guy.that's true when it's deserved.i make no apology for giving him back what he dishes out.... ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 06:18 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

hell ya tom, these kids ask the most stupid questions i've ever heard. obviously badbassin is the same as southern 1-2 so he is also on the list. i got your back tom ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 06:22 PM   #10
StealthCharging
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to StealthCharging

i only have two names southern 1 and 2
StealthCharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 06:26 PM   #11
Carolina_Chip
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Come on guys. Bassintom is not going to give you crap if you use a little common sense. Don't you think you could figure it out on your own. If you push the button the fish is going to keep running. All the older guys want is for us newer guys to do is read a little and ask a sensiable question.
Old 05-30-05, 09:09 AM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=southern_1 link=board=news;num=1117304982;start=0#9 date=05/29/05 at 17:22:04]i only have two names southern 1 and 2[/quote]

Well then you are obviously breaking the "RULES" for the forum. So why would you need 2 different names?

Bassgardener,

I understand some of your feeling here, I went through the same stuff when I first came here. The fact is the same folks ask the same smart@@@ questions, half the time just to tick folks off. Now if you are new to fishing, and you do what he just asked in this post, it tells me you either are just PLAYING AROUND with the fish > Or are just too young to be here on this site by yourself, OR just trying to get a rise outa us. The fact is we do give the little jerks a hard time, because they deserve it. You can tell after awhile who is interested in learning and who just wants to come and post crap. Don't believe every post is a serious post, because they aren't. I am in no way trying to keep folks WHO WANT TO LEARN off of this site. But they have to make an effort to learn, or it's just us wasting our time. They have to take the intiative, and read, and research, and then when they have a question about something, by all means come back here and ask. For example, there is a member on here, that has asked the same type of question, probably 15 times about a pond or body of water he is fishing. GUESS WHAT, he has been told over and over what would work etc..., but it depends on conditions. So what does he ask the next week, what should I use in a pond. Same stuff different day. I will say that if you want respect here, you need to earn it. There's tons of folks who LOVE Bass Fishing, and have tons of knowledge they are willing to share for FREE. If someone wants to jerk their chain, then they can go somewhere else. We have fun, joke around, and tease each other. But very few here, want to listen to this kinda crap. > Now I've been on my soapbox long enough, I hope you do stay around, and WELCOME. We're always are happy for other Bassin Nuts to come and share questions and answers.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 09:27 AM   #13
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

GARDNER,

Â* Â* I would have to go along with what TOM and Motormouth LIZARDS said. This little PR!CK does nothing but cause problems every time he logs on this site. If you had read some of his previous posts you would have figured that out.
Â* Â* Stick around, this place grows on you.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 10:24 AM   #14
n2b
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to n2b

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1117304982;start=0#11 date=05/30/05 at 08:09:01]

Well then you are obviously breaking the "RULES" for the forum. Â*So why would you need 2 different names?

Bassgardener,

I understand some of your feeling here, I went through the same stuff when I first came here. Â*The fact is the same folks ask the same smart@@@ questions, half the time just to tick folks off. Â*Now if you are new to fishing, and you do what he just asked in this post, it tells me you either are just PLAYING AROUND with the fish > Â*Or are just too young to be here on this site by yourself, OR just trying to get a rise outa us. Â*The fact is we do give the little jerks a hard time, because they deserve it. Â*You can tell after awhile who is interested in learning and who just wants to come and post crap. Â*Don't believe every post is a serious post, because they aren't. Â*I am in no way trying to keep folks WHO WANT TO LEARN off of this site. Â*But they have to make an effort to learn, or it's just us wasting our time. Â*They have to take the intiative, and read, and research, and then when they have a question about something, by all means come back here and ask. Â*For example, there is a member on here, that has asked the same type of question, probably 15 times about a pond or body of water he is fishing. Â*GUESS WHAT, he has been told over and over what would work etc..., but it depends on conditions. Â*So what does he ask the next week, what should I use in a pond. Â*Same stuff different day. Â*I will say that if you want respect here, you need to earn it. Â*There's tons of folks who LOVE Bass Fishing, and have tons of knowledge they are willing to share for FREE. Â*If someone wants to jerk their chain, then they can go somewhere else. Â*We have fun, joke around, and tease each other. Â*But very few here, want to listen to this kinda crap. Â* > Â*Now I've been on my soapbox long enough, I hope you do stay around, and WELCOME. Â*We're always are happy for other Bassin Nuts to come and share questions and answers.

Lizards[/quote]

WOW, nicley done lizards, and i have to say i do agree.
n2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 10:32 AM   #15
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

amen lizards. gardener, that brings up another point, if you would have looked around the site, even just this page, you wouls have noticed that southern is a little snot nosd kid raising hell on the site, and frankly none of us want him on here. so before going off on TOM, read back. you wouldnt of even needed to say that if you would of.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 12:03 PM   #16
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

sic'm tommy!!! Â*
lizard is right -for once- most of these piddly assed questions are nothing more than a retarded attempt for these anel retenitive idiots to amuse them selfs.

gardner
tommy has for got more about fishing them half of us even know about it-my self included. but when it comes to trash talk-in I WILL bury your *** in a pile of it!

that is MISTER zooker to YOU...

ZOOKER Â*

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.