Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-08, 03:33 AM   #1
weezymagic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic
Default need some line

ok guys, i think this is my first thread on this site and here it goes

i have a m or mh (sry, i forgot) st croix 2 piece rod. i am getting (with next paycheck) an abu garcia revo sx baitcasting reel. now i need my line for the setup. heres what ill be doing...pretty much all bass fishing. im going to use as many lures/baits as i can.
that being said...
i have read alot about mono, fluoro, braid and braid seems the best choice for me. although it doesnt go as deep as fluoro, it will be stronger and thats the main dif i found. also, braid lasts longer and has less memory. i dont much care for company that makes it considering they are all decent. i was thinkin suffix, power pro, or spider. and for color, i think the unanimous decision would be moss green or a variation of. lastly, size... if i understand correctly...50lb braid diameter is equivilent to about 12lb fluoro. therefore, id want from about 50lb to 60lb braid so i get the same size with alot more strength
weezymagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.