Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > What's New
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-10, 09:36 AM   #12
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I think this is a pointless argument. I've never had any problems spooling up with these so called evil notches. However, I don't spool my spinning reels off the side of the spool. I use the same old phonebook trick that I use for baitcasters.

I will be spooling up next time like Kevin suggested to see if this is a real problem or if it's an over exaggerated issue like you see countless times on infomercial demonstrations. You know, when the non-Ronco knives clearly crush the loaf of bread which has nothing to do with him pushing down on the top of the loaf...

In fact, I like the notches better than that stupid piece of white "tape" other line companies use to hold the tag end on the spool. the tape never stays on, and I've lost countless pieces. I find it very hard, or near impossible, to lose the notches on the spool, or more specifically, whatever is used on the back of the spool to hold the line. The notches are there just for one reason only, and that is to keep the line from slipping around the spool when it is clipped/wrapped to the holder on the back of the spool.

I'd like to know if anyone has contacted any of the line manufacturers to ask why they use them. I'm sure its for the reason I stated above, but there could be other reasons.

I beleive if it is as big of a problem as it is made out to be here, then the line companies would have already fixed the problem.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.