Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-05, 06:33 PM   #1
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default a.........

aaagggrrrhhhhhh!!!!!! dam it to hell and back. i snapped 2" off the butt of my new golden wing rod. it only took 6 months to buy this rod -$256.99-only to have the very butt of the handle break off in to my hand after using it 5 times. after this weekend of fishing with a differant rod i took the rod back to the place i bought it. talked with the owner he gave me a replacement rod-tencha av- not a golden wing but still a great rod. will have to take out the av to see if there claim of having a super fast tip is on the money bet it is. how ever i will NOT be shelling out that kind of cash for another rod. i still am a fenwick rod guy...

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 06:37 PM   #2
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983
Default Re: a.........

Zook sorry about your rod, tough break.. I went fishing today and used a fenwick spinning rod for the first time. I bought it at wally world for about $19. It's a great rod, I love it.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 06:53 PM   #3
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I personally, just don't like to invest that much money in a rod...Sometimes it is very tempting though ....The thing about rods, I believe is that there are several cheaper models on the market that get the job done prett well

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 08:43 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

tt
i am fully aware of that fact i own 12 fenwick rods the temption got a tad to much and my bait monkey snatch it. i don't know why i even bought it but i did get the new 2006 stick with the comfort grip handle-yeah buddy-

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 04-17-05, 09:21 PM   #5
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would contact the company about it. I bought my son a Zebco combo last September and it broke the first time he used it on the first fish he caught with it. I took it back to Wally World and exchanged it only to have that one break also. I contacted Zebco about it and they sent me out a brand new Zebco 33 combo to make up for it. I took his back to wally world again for another one, maybe this one won't break, but at least I got a free 33 out of the deal. You would be surprised what companies will do if you just write and tell them what happened.

I also got this type of service from Strike King. I bought one of their bleeding heart buzzbaits last summer only to have the skirt go flying off on the second cast. They had me send that one in, and for sending it in they sent me 3 new ones to make up for the bad product.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-05, 09:30 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i to dont spend that kind of money on rods, first off because i dont have it, and second i dont want to feel like i need to be extra carefull with it when i fish. i usually get cheap rods, 20 bucks, i do have a 60 dollar trion spinning combo, and a PENN spinfisher combo(for saltwater). they are the most expensive rods/reels i have. all the rest(2) would be 20 bucks-30 bucks. i usually throw my rods reels in the bed of the truck when going on the boat, or when im shore fishing i throw the rod/reel im not using on the bank. i dont like to be extra carefull with them. but if you have the money, and they are of high quality, why not?
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-05, 12:15 PM   #7
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Could have been worse. Fellow on another board I post on had two (2) brand new Keistler custom rods with reels of course, bounce out of his boat over the weekend. He trusted his buddy to strap them down. He said about $700.00 to replace them.

I might have $700.00 bucks tied up in ALL my rods and reels if you count my wife's too.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-05, 06:11 PM   #8
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Life is short, spend it and spoil yourself a little bit. There ain't nobody else going to volunteer to pay that much money for a stupid fishing rod. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-05, 06:54 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

lol at cajun
wow man that much huh?

i have to agree with pnj -for once-i have to have something to spend all my money on might as well be on fishing gear.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.