Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-05, 08:23 PM   #1
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default next time i sink the bas***ds!

saw these 2 little plastic playskool kayaks coming across the reservoir today.i was fishing a bank.don't you know those 2 kayaks came all the way across that lake and had to cut between me and the shoreline(i was about 10 yds from the bank).so i said "there's a whole lake why do you have to do this?"...he says"you got a problem?" i said "yes"...he says "too bad".next time i don't care if it is electric only,,,i'm firing up the big motor and i WILL swamp that S.O.B.
got back to the ramp(unfortunately the kayakers got there before me and left)...told the security guard what happened..he told me almost every kayaker he meets is a rude sob...he's trying to get the powers that be to ban kayakers from this reservoir.
i told him what i was gonna do if this happens again..he says "i don't know nuthin".
the idiots weren't wearing life jackets and this lake is over 100ft deep in places and it gets rough real fast.
maybe i'll get lucky and read their obits next time there go out there.
i should say their names and where they are from,but i'm a nice guy so i won't.the guard gave me the info on them as he has to log everybody in at the ramp as they come and go.
kayak nazis deserve a good beating.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 08:56 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: next time i sink the bas***ds!

Tom, just tell them "here's your sign" and hand them one of these:

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 09:18 PM   #3
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I think I would have sunk them anyway. To H*ll with waiting until next time. People like that piss me off to no end.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 10:05 PM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

TOM,

People like that is the reason why crankbaits have three sets of treble hooks.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 10:44 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

JackL
are you talking from experience?

and guess what..i'm not a nice guy..those a**ho*es are the mcdonnels from stewartsville n.j.
(they really pi**ed me off)
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 10:50 PM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Tom, remind me not to get on your s-list ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 11:28 PM   #7
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

For real.....same here
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 12:18 AM   #8
jdkc
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jdkc

Yeah I gave up on being nice. Don't have a boat was fishing off a bank when some jackass 17 year olds came up throwing rocks in the water. I asked him nicely to stop and he said i could go to hell and that he can do what he wants at the public lake. Thats when I pulled out my 8 inch knife and they promptly left the area. Not like i was gonna use it but it scared the **** out of them.
jdkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 12:36 AM   #9
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

TOM,

Really, you can make it look like an accident! "Oh, excuse me, I didn't see your big stupid a$$ or your ugly yuppy kayak! I sure hope you have had a tetnus shot recently. Can I please have my lure back?"

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 07:46 AM   #10
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

nothing like a big trap zipping past there heads. stop fishing slow when they are around start speed chunking a big lure. rat trap c-rig. trust me a c-rig coming by some ones head will get them to go round. although if they pull that down here chaces are they will get shot.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 12:32 PM   #11
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Ain't but one thing to keep in mind, it won't be the last time something like that happens. I've had pontoons, skiers, and even had a bass boat cross between me and the bank Â*when I was fishing from a boat. Comments can be made towards these idiots, but unfortunately they are normally gone in time to hear what you say. But if they can read lips, well thats just as good. I try and keep a "zinger" type outfit available in my boat Â*but I often get concerned ref. law suits and them having a weapon of there own. It's bad news when you end up with a hole in the side of your boat from some a** hole with a gun.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 01:32 PM   #12
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Had a gentleman (used lightly) come plowing down the stick marsh. I was tied off at a little spot I like and hear he comes. This yahoo never broke speed, never even attempted to move farther away. Just rode on by and pulled up to the bank 15 yards away from me and then cast out his line in front of my boat. I was pis$#@ off, but politely said Hey! How about a little courtesy. He looked up and said " You dont own this place F%$# You!". I pulled my anchor, started the main engine and drove straight at him, cut into a tight L hander about five feet off his stern and drove off. The joy of watching a 3 foot wave go over the side of his boat was priceless. Im a very sedate person usually, but lately this has been happening a lot. You can only pull on a dogs tail so many times until you get bit. Well for those of you in Fl who practice this lack of boater courtesy be afraid, the teeth are out and snarling. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 08:02 PM   #13
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

yup, get a nice treble in their back, or on their kayak and reel them in, then when you get them to the boat, tip them over. thats the way to do it right there. i have had plenty of experience with bast*rds like that.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 10:15 PM   #14
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03

Tom, time to invest in Mk50 torpedoes! Which reservoir was it?
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 10:17 PM   #15
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

another thing you might want to invest in is m-80's (the firecrackers) those bad boys will do some damage. just light one up and throw them in the kayak, last time he will bother you ;D 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 10:20 PM   #16
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

When I was last in Florida, I actually found myself on the other side - I was going up rosalie creek into tiger to get out of the wind and there was a fellow there fishing the mouth, well I motioned to him asking to pass and he motioned to pass on the left side of his boat, but apparently after I passed him he got the notion to curse me out. I apologized but reminded him that I had asked and that had he not motioned me through I would have gone somewhere else, and he calmed down and we ended up having a nice discussion on fishing and politics - he was a lot like me, wanted to get away from everyone, had a quick temper, but all in all it just goes to show that there is a time for cooler heads.

Then again, in Toms case it might have been time for a 1 oz jigging spoon, but oh well.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 12:01 AM   #17
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=bassintom link=board=MessBoards;num=1117322602;start=0#0 date=05/28/05 at 19:23:22] 2 little plastic playskool kayaks [/quote]

plastic kayak..........pellet gun to the side/hull of the kayak woulda done the trick.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 12:21 AM   #18
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

the rednecks down here woulda had a change of heart by deciding to practice catch and release with that 4 foot gator from the livewell and send him off in there general direction.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 01:13 AM   #19
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

I know how you feel Tom, we had to deal with every kind of moron this weekend, seems like someone drove the stupid bus to where we were camping, we had skiers, jetskiers, tubers, and kayaks. I watched this poor fellow in a float tube about drowned because some A^&hole ski boat decide to fly by the bank he was fishing.
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-05, 05:58 AM   #20
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

I've had that happen to me, but it was by another bassin' rig .It makes you want to kick their !#$#!! ,but you'd just go to jail.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 10:37 PM   #21
Tommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy

I was trolling through a narrow cut that went back out to the main lake It is maybe 15 ft wide at the widest place.Anyway I had fished almost all the way out of it when I hear a big motor revved up.I didnt have time to start the big motor so I turned the trolling motor on high I barely got out of the way when a big pontoon boat came out of their flying.If I would not have got out of the way it would have flipped me for sure.I HAD NEVER BEEN SO SCARED IN MY WHOLE LIFE.Anyway the guys were polite enough to wave as they went by and almost drowned me.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:44 AM   #22
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I've never seen kayakers on any big lakes around here. They typically stick to small lakes and rivers where there aren't so many dam jet skiers and wakeboarders. I have never had any problems with them and I have never heard of anyone in fl having a problem with them. Heck, half of the kayakers are anglers trying to get into the shallows where most conventional boats won't reach.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 01:21 AM   #23
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

There is a defenite difference betwen a fisherman who happens to be in a kayak and a kayaker. Kayakers are urban or suburban wanna be hippies who try to get in touch with nature by getting in a molded plastic neon yellow canoe. Very often I think they are so tightly wound that they start to think of themeselves alone as being in possesion of nature.

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 01:09 PM   #24
dave_in_fl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave_in_fl

Someone goes between me and the bank with 10 yds of space they will recieve 1 to 3 treble hooks in the head, on accident of course.
dave_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 01:11 AM   #25
GotBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to GotBass

[quote author=ithica link=board=MessBoards;num=1117322602;start=0#7 date=05/28/05 at 23:18:14]Yeah I gave up on being nice. Â*Don't have a boat was fishing off a bank when some jackass 17 year olds came up throwing rocks in the water. Â*I asked him nicely to stop and he said i could go to hell and that he can do what he wants at the public lake. Â*Thats when I pulled out my 8 inch knife and they promptly left the area. Â*Not like i was gonna use it but it scared the **** out of them.[/quote]

something similar happened to me, only the person was throwing beer bottles into the water and he had a .38 on his belt (which he made very clear). didn't know what to do so i made it look like i was a beginner with my baitcaster. hooked him on the back of the neck with a 1/2 ounce jig and set the hook in. Big guy with a gun on his hip was crying like a little baby. I couldn't help but laugh.

US Army
"God Bless America, Live Free or Die"

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.