Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-05, 09:44 PM   #1
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch
Default IT NEVER FAILS,IS IT THE WEATHER?

THIS IS A SOAPBOX-SKIP NOW IF YOU WANT.

Just sitting here reading some posts and again the" I want to act like an idiot person posts". I haven't been here for a long time, but long enough to see many come and some go. Some leave because they feel unwanted or cant handle someone with a differing opinion. The others that leave are either pushed out,ignored or just told they would be happier elsewhere. Most of these kind seem to take the hint.
Â*The majority of people on this site come here for one thing- BASSFISHING- catching,looking,trying,teaching,etc.. There seem to be others that just use this as a place to act like idiots. It is amazing that a simple post can go from info and ideas to $%#&^@%^^& and so on.
Â* For the most part everyone here tends to be civil. Even when there is a disagreement I feel the people will give a jab or two and realize that everyone has their own opinion and leave it at that. Last I checked that was OK.
Â*Theres others here (me) that will throw out some one liners or jabs at people for joke purposes. Also there are times when someone will correct somebody about spelling,punctuation,wrong info, computer etiquete(sp).etc.. Is this wrong? I dont think so. I hope that if I do something BASSACKWARDS, someone will let me know. People need to realize that this site has some members that have spent a lot of time here, and have shared a ton of info. Theres also newbies that have come recently that are experienced fisherman. All of us say this when we see a newbie- Hi welcome, theres a lot of joking,BS, and good info here. Sit back and enjoy. For the most part thats exactly what this site is- GOOD INFO, A LOT OF JOKING AND BS.
Â*I think it's great. I have had my chops busted by many here. Will probably have them busted just for writing this, that fine. If I can sit here and learn something new or find a new technique and also get some laughs at my exspense or someone else's GREAT!. Â*Bottom line to all this ranting and raving....... LIGHTEN UP,GROW UP OR GET OUT! Im sure there are more than a few members here that will agree with this. Dont need replies, dont need you to plead your case. Its simple. Hi, Welcome. Sit back and have some fun. Sorry to those who follow this already and just wasted 5 minutes of their time reading this instead of looking at fishin stuff. 8)

Sorry for the delayed finish Im at work.
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-05, 10:25 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: IT NEVER FAILS,IS IT THE WEATHER?

fl, not to worry. You have been here long enough to know these toadstools come and go, but the folks who have been here or are planning on staying are here for the same reason-to share info, but also to have some fun, and they are respectful of each other. I'm with you on the jokes and jabs-love them! One of the reasons I really like this site is we can give each other a hard time but it never gets insulting and everyone knows we are kidding. It is the folks that show up and disappear that cause problems, but like I said, they come and go.

You may be onto something about the weather. Cabin fever setting in.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 03:51 PM   #3
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

no had the same *** types in here last spring only a few are still here you being one of them.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 05:32 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Still not feeling too good, buddy ?
Old 02-26-05, 08:15 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

are you kidding?? going tomarrow that is if my leg will let me. it feels better now than any time last week.
the bass better stay a sleep i am packing the michagan mad man's lures. along with that feller from ont's purple headed warrior -what all the fat bass chicks will bite on.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 08:17 PM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Go get 'em, hoss! I'm sidelined till I get the stitches out of my shoulder. At least I told the Doc I would ;D

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.