Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-05, 01:59 PM   #1
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983
Default Swimming Jigs

Just read an article about swimming jigs. Seems like a surefire tactic. Does anyone have a source for these? Has anybody tried it yet? If you've tried it , did you use a trailer? Thanks.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 02:20 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Swimming Jigs

Bob, try a white jig with a Zoom swimming chunk as a trailer. You will be surprised at the result. I know I was.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 02:26 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1109437193;start=0#1 date=02/26/05 at 12:20:25]Bob, try a white jig with a Zoom swimming chunk as a trailer. You will be surprised at the result. I know I was.[/quote]

Haven't done it yet, but that's the exact setup sitting ready to use.

Bassinbob,

everything I read about swimming jigs, is mostly with white. I've been reading about it for over a year. There was a B.A.S.S. tourney I believe last year(my memory is going everyday) that was one with this setup. I guess we could just remove the blades from our spinnerbaits and use them too

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 08:36 PM   #4
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

Do what Reb said. It's a killer here especially around boat docks.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 09:10 PM   #5
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=bassinbob link=board=MessBoards;num=1109437193;start=0#0 date=02/26/05 at 11:59:53]Just read an article about swimming jigs. Seems like a surefire tactic. Does anyone have a source for these? [/quote]
Booyah recently introduced a jig made especially for swimming. It was designed by a guy on their pro staff who's been an online friend for a number of years. Swimming jigs has been one of his favorite techniques for years.

http://www.lurenet.com/catalog.aspx?catid=BYSwimnJig
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 11:30 PM   #6
texan_bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to texan_bass

I have been using this techinique for about 8 years. With very good results.
I have to admit; I kind of found out about this by accident. I make a long cast after pitching awhile; to tighten the line up on the spool. I had/have seen many fish follow behind the jig when I was reeling it back in. I have missed many fish this way. I now make that long cast, but reel it in slower and pause it before it gets to the boat.

I use a black/blue, blue gill color jig. I use the white only in the fall. I use a D&L casting jig, and a Zoom lizard or swimming chunk. For lizard color I use what ever color works well for the conditions.

It works great for me, in the early spring and fall. I mostly use it on rock banks with not much cover, and places where you might throw a crank bait. Also, along weed lines, or through weeds works good. It seems to me also, that if nothing is working; swimming a jig will boat some fish.

I like to slow swim it letting it bounce off the bottom. I control it by the reel speed and rod height.

I have found if you do well with a standard lizard in the lake or creek you fish; then the Jig/Lizard combo works very good. :-X

If any of you haven't tried this give it a shot, and I bet it will become a favorite for you. ;D
texan_bass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.