Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-05, 02:28 AM   #1
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default Tunnel vision

I am thinking I need to fish something else this year besides a jig and zara spook jr.I did extremely well last year,but rarely threw anything else. I want to get back throwing a lizard and worm for something different .Any one else going to fish something different? P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 02:55 AM   #2
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum
Default Re: Tunnel vision

P N J,

I get like that at times with my spinnerbait, sometimes that is the only thing i use. I would like to use a buzzbait and top water more often. One thing i want to change is using a baitcaster, i usually only use one when i am fishing for catfish.
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 09:33 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=pig_n_jig link=board=MessBoards;num=1109309292;start=0#0 date=02/25/05 at 00:28:12]I am thinking I need to fish something else this year besides a jig and zara spook jr.I did extremely well last year,but rarely threw anything else. I want to get back throwing a lizard and worm for something different .Any one else going to fish something different? P N J[/quote]

Well over the last say 2 years, I've been truly working on different baits. I will be concentrating this year on Drop Shotting, and cranks again. I will always have my tunnel vision for my Lizards/Flukes/Zipper worms/ANY TOPWATER, because I KNOW I can and will catch fish with those. So I'm working towards having that same feeling with cranks, spinnerbaits. I am actually now just trying to perfect techniques and retrieves that work. I fish cranks and spinners already, just not really well.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 11:37 AM   #4
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I've fished a little bit of everything over the years. In the last few years I've probably used the Carolina Rigs more than anything else. I'm going to go back to some of the things I've used in the past. Slider Worms especially. Crankbaits another. And keeping a Rapala/Rebel rigged up as a "come back" bait with a buzz bait or Pop R. Texas Rigged wom too. Haven't used one in ages.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 08:05 PM   #5
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

Soft plastics have been my thing so this spring I'm going to throw a lot of spinner/buzz/crank baits to get a good feel for them. I also need to work on different rigs for soft plastics. I have yet to use a drop shot or carolina rig. I've got a lot of fishing to do this year.

Lizards I hope we can hook up more than once this year to do some fishing.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 08:28 PM   #6
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

PNJ,
I'm glad you brought this topic up, I think I am going to get back into some worm fishing. Last year I focused on topwater and totally forgot about plastics. Worms and lizards and senko baits will be my goal this spring.

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 09:28 PM   #7
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

I haven't fished spinnerbaits as much as I should have over the last 10 years because of some problems I had with them. I've been easing back into them, but this year I hope to use them a lot more. They're too good to not use and the water I'm fishing most of the time is suitable for them.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 09:39 PM   #8
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah, I am planning on fishing some different things this year. Last year I mainly fished soft plastics. Mostly the super fluke, senko types, and speed worms. I have some new spinnerbaits and some crank baits to try out this year. I have alot of things that I want to try this year, but I don't want to overload myself with new things.
I might get to get a little fishing in tomorrow, there is a small pond behind the house that we are working on, so I might just go, because I haven't been fishing yet this year.

Kevin
nb122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-05, 11:46 PM   #9
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Cranks and tubes. I don't throw either very much and my goal this year is to get better with both.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.