Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-09, 11:25 AM   #1
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default BPS order

Well, the 1st of now 4 separate shippments from BPS arrived yesterday. 90% of my original order was there. I've received 3 other emails from them that they shipped backorders as they got their stocks. One item is still on back order so that's the 4 box. The next two boxes has 3 bags of soft plastics and 1 package of plastics. The final package whenever they get them are their sinker stoppers. It has to cost them more for the S&H then the cost of those stoppers.

Just got my 1st look at several Strike King Rage tail soft plastics I ordered plus their Shadalicious swim baits. All I can say is WOW!! each looks fantastic in their own right, and the packaging has been designed to make sure that through the life of all the baits that they stay exactly in the same shape as the day they were made then packaged. Each package contains a preformed clear plastic shell that holds the baits in perfect shape. The only baits I haven't seen yet as all were back ordered are both the 7 & 10 inch Anacondas.
Old 02-07-09, 01:17 PM   #2
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BPS is a good place to purchase, they have lots of stuff however I seldomly purchase stuff from them anymore unless if what I want canīt be found with somebody else. Backorders are one of the reasons, shipping charges are another.

Next time you plan on ordering something check at TackleWarehouse first, they have free shipping in orders over 50 dollars, they too have lots of stuff, but the good thing is you know the status of their warehouse existances, it tells you how many of each item they have and if itīs out of stock thereīs and expected date of arrival.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 01:47 PM   #3
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
BPS is a good place to purchase, they have lots of stuff however I seldomly purchase stuff from them anymore unless if what I want canīt be found with somebody else. Backorders are one of the reasons, shipping charges are another.

Next time you plan on ordering something check at TackleWarehouse first, they have free shipping in orders over 50 dollars, they too have lots of stuff, but the good thing is you know the status of their warehouse existances, it tells you how many of each item they have and if itīs out of stock thereīs and expected date of arrival.
Good point. I've never even thought of TackleWarehouse even though I have the site bookmarked.
Old 02-07-09, 01:59 PM   #4
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yeah I ordered 3 items same time last week and they are sending me 3 separate package. What I don't get, is why can't they just put 2 rods (same brand) in same package or better yet use the same carrier. My first rod arrived yesterday from Priority Mail and next one is excepted to arrive next Tuesday from FedEx. Why not same carrier and would have got both yesterday. Other package is unknown I say BPS service is sorta weird

As for Rage Tail, that's one of the package I except to get...Lobster.

WalMart do carry a couple of Rage Tail, saw them last night...only Shad and Toad.

Let us know how you like the Anaconda. I've been thinkin bout it.
Old 02-07-09, 02:04 PM   #5
BassBandit

And yeah I'm gonna stick with the Tacklewarehouse from now on. I've always use them but, couldn't let myself pass on some rods that were on sale at BPS. Most of their sale expired...Tacklewarehouse here I come.
Old 02-07-09, 02:13 PM   #6
bigbasser

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Default ?????

I would rather deal with Wacky Worm first, when the small shops are gone we're up the creek on price and selection. Besides people like Wacky Worm will always give you a better experience. JMHP bigbasser
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 02:24 PM   #7
Joel

I use to deal with a few local bait and tackle stores that specialized in freshwater, which is rare here on the Island. Their out of business now. It was tough buying anything from them as they never seemed to have what I needed or wanted in stock. they always said they would order it for me. The issue was that I could order it myself, get it when I wanted it, and usually get it much cheaper.

I make my major purchases over the winter, restocking and or upgrading as needed. The rest of the time I usually hit Dicks and hope they have what I need as I just hate to compromise. And I end up spending almost as much at Dicks as I did during the off season.
Old 02-07-09, 02:50 PM   #8
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hey joel those swimbaits look great, what kinda jig head or weighted hook ya using?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 02:58 PM   #9
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
hey joel those swimbaits look great, what kinda jig head or weighted hook ya using?
I'm using a 5/0 EWG hook with both a 1/8 & 1/4 oz weights that I put on myself from BPS. This lets me use my own hooks including my Flipping hooks from Hookerz. Also will be using a regular jig head in the same weights. I've never used a swimbait before, so I'm really looking forward to prespawn to try them out.
Old 02-07-09, 04:26 PM   #10
aikenyounggun

Tell me how well the strike king rage shads work. Also tacklewarehouse is usually cheaper than everybod else... i mean the 4" BBZ swimbaits are cheaper on there than on spro.com.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 07:11 PM   #11
3dkicker

Threw the Anaconda last year (or the year before - can't remember) over the grass mats. Had one blow up and expected a giant but it was just another typical 2.5lb Potomac largemouth. Easier to throw a horny toad. Still like the bait. Just not too many blow ups on it.
Old 02-10-09, 04:31 PM   #12
BassBandit

My 7'6 rod arrived today. Instead of tube, they packed the rod in 2 HUGE rectangular boxes taped together. My first thought "Man, good thing the box isn't bend in half" I opened the box carefully and unwrap it. Then I noticed it was kinda short for 7'6. You guess it, 4 inches pieces missing from tip. Yep 4 inches tip broken. Looked inside the box for the missing piece. There isn't any. Obviously the rod was broken BEFORE they packed it. Good inspection before shipping if you ask me.

Spoke with the rep at BPS, they're sending out a new one after I have it shipped back.

All in all I'm DONE with BassProShop!
Old 02-10-09, 05:08 PM   #13
bcklash

Bassbandit that scares me cause I got a 7'6" rod on the way, but not from BPS.
Old 02-10-09, 05:31 PM   #14
BassBandit

If yours arrive in tube then you will know its OK. Mine is 2 boxes taped like a coffin with dead rod in having a burial
Old 02-10-09, 05:51 PM   #15
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBandit View Post
If yours arrive in tube then you will know its OK. Mine is 2 boxes taped like a coffin with dead rod in having a burial
LOL
BassBandit please accept my condolence.LOL

~Mark

Last edited by woody; 02-10-09 at 06:15 PM.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 06:12 PM   #16
BassBandit

Wow, I've moved on knowing that I'll be getting a replacement so I thought I'd insert a joke
Old 02-10-09, 06:45 PM   #17
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I hear you about the shipping and backordering stuff. I ordered some stuff a while back and of course half the items were backed ordered. And I get this box, probably 12" X 12" one day thinking my stuff has showed up. It was 1 pack of tru-tungsten 1/16oz bullet weights. I thought the box was empty at first and almost threw it away before I flipped all the bubble wrap out for my kids to play with, and me too I will admit. Then I ordered a pair of hunting boots this winter. I ordered a pair of Carhart socks, 12 or 13 dollars, too. The boots were backordered, but they tried to hang me on a $13 shipping charge for SOCKS! I only ordered the socks because they didn't add additional shipping for them. Man I try to be a good person, but I told them there would be 7 cold days in a row in Mississippi before I paid S & H like that for socks. They waived the fee, and now I have hot feet in my old leaky boots. Rant Off.
Old 02-10-09, 06:46 PM   #18
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Oh BTW, I ordered from tacklewarehouse.com last night. BPS has just became a reference guide.
Old 02-10-09, 07:10 PM   #19
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Well, the 1st of now 4 separate shippments from BPS arrived yesterday. 90% of my original order was there. I've received 3 other emails from them that they shipped backorders as they got their stocks. One item is still on back order so that's the 4 box. The next two boxes has 3 bags of soft plastics and 1 package of plastics. The final package whenever they get them are their sinker stoppers. It has to cost them more for the S&H then the cost of those stoppers.

Just got my 1st look at several Strike King Rage tail soft plastics I ordered plus their Shadalicious swim baits. All I can say is WOW!! each looks fantastic in their own right, and the packaging has been designed to make sure that through the life of all the baits that they stay exactly in the same shape as the day they were made then packaged. Each package contains a preformed clear plastic shell that holds the baits in perfect shape. The only baits I haven't seen yet as all were back ordered are both the 7 & 10 inch Anacondas.
Good to hear you got some new baits!

You will not be disappointed by the annas, they are the absolute best 10" worms out there!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.