Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-05, 11:28 PM   #1
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ok story time

what was the most bizare situation that you have actually caught a bass?

i have a freak story here :
the factory i work at is actually a large 15 acre compound. in the center of this compound is a creek well to make a really boring story short, this flooded over the day after the water receeded. i was "doing my job" i was plowing some debri from in front of the loading docks when i see a fish swimming in a large pool of water. being this pool is deep-10-12"-i drive my forklift out in the pool while standing on the forks i catch a 6" large mouth bass with my hat. at which time i drive over and release the lil feller into the creek again. my boss never will let me live this down either.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 11:32 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: ok story time

haqvnt really had a bizarre situation before. i have cast into a tree that was fallen over and i casted all the way into it, thru some branches and what not, and caught a bass, not big, but still caught him. i didnt even mean to cast that far in. not really bizarre, but still a story 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 11:33 PM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

i worked in an auto parts store back in 1970 or thereabout when hurricane doria hit.the auto parts store was under water up to the top of the entrance door.when the water went down,there was bass,carp,bluegill,frogs and turtles and other fish in the store.so,yeah i caught bass in an auto parts store.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 11:38 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

One of two things, happened on the same day. I was in my canoe and we had a trolling motor so we were going from one spot to another. I forgot that I had my spinnerbait out, about 4ft from the boat. A bass came up and took it, nearly ripped it into the water. I just kinda used the rod like a canepole and hoistewd him in. Next was I threw a senko out and I got my rod messed up with my friends. Then I feel the bite all of the sudden so I grab the line, yank it to set the hook, and land it by hand.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 12:28 AM   #5
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

I don't really have a bizarre story, but i've seen my daughter catch a perch. Not wanting to let it go, she let it swim in the water still hooked. Next thing you know a bass takes the perch and breaks her cane pole.

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 08:31 PM   #6
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Sometimes I think it's a bizarre occurrence any time I catch a bass. But no, I don't have a bizarre catch in the sense that you're using the word.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 11:03 PM   #7
bassguy2004

Fishing in my float tube before I had any rod holders on it, I used to lay the rods down on the side of the tube to fish with another rod. While changing baits, I had left the jig on the flippin' dangle in the water to keep the pork moist, low and behold a largemouth came up behind me and grabbed a hold of the jig and pulled down with such force the reel damn near hit me in the face. It wasn't a toad but it was cool.
Old 04-14-05, 06:47 PM   #8
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

This is an easy one for me. My buddy and I were fishing our favorite lake for bass last summer. We were testing some plastic bait to do a review on and we just had it rigged on a jid head. Well, we fished for 5 or 6 hours w/o even a bite/ During one of my retrieve, the plastic bait fell off and I was left with just a jighead. At this point, I was just messing around so I threw the jighead out and BAM!....17 in largemouth.
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.