Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-05, 06:04 PM   #1
Bladerunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bladerunner
Default lures by STORM

any of you guys tried these? i had to go and pick up a few items today ( monkey was whispering in my ear again ;D ) and saw these, didnt pick any up. but i might next time i go back, we'll see

http://www.stormlures.com/whatsnew/index.html

they actually look better in person than what they look like on the web-site
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 06:12 PM   #2
fishforfun
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishforfun
Default Re: lures by STORM

I use the WildEye® Jigging Swim Shad for schoolie striper fishing. I have caught a few largemouth on it before, though.
fishforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 06:17 PM   #3
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat

I have used them a few times and they have done pretty good for me. I havent caught any realy big bass but a few respectable ones.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 07:38 PM   #4
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

I've used their swim baits, only luck was a 4 pounder, a 3 pounder, and an unseen line breaker, I'd say he musta been 40 or 50 pounds, largemouth of course.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 07:42 PM   #5
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Ya can't go wrong with a wiggle wort or hotn tot

get the firetiger one and they also have a great red colored one...that baits been around for decades.
Has a very wide wobble, like the manns -1, yet goes deeper 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 07:59 PM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I've caught a bunch on the Wildeye Shad baits and like JB says, a Wiggle Wart is a great crankbait.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 08:04 PM   #7
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

We used to always find them in the backs of coves after the flood waters receed...I figure when ya keep finding the same lure over n over, it must be a proven winner somewhere back in time! lmao
Old 05-25-05, 08:07 PM   #8
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

now that I think about it, the large Wild Eye Shad is what I caught my biggest catch on, it weighed 296 lbs. Was using a slow retrieve, middle of the day, Gulf of Mexico about an hour south of Tampa. It included a $500 bill to the emergency room as the 296lbs catch, was ME. Those lead weights in those things don't feel good as it slaps you against the back of the head. That hurt more than the hook. If I wasn't concerned with a possible concussion I woulda ripped it out myself, but at the time I just wasn't feeling right, prolly from the hot temps, being dehydrated already, large loss of blood, and a bit of anxiety from not knowing where the nearest ER was as I was out of town.
Old 05-25-05, 08:09 PM   #9
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

JB I used to use the sub warts but switched over to the Manns -1 due to the fact storms don't have any orange on the belly. I believe that little amount of orange makes a big difference.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 08:35 PM   #10
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

It sure does!
I always try to get a orange belly on my rogues too
Old 05-26-05, 09:47 PM   #11
MrMusky
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to MrMusky

i just bought a few of these lures and i haven't really gotten the chance to use them. when i did i caught a smallmouth about 2 pounds. i really don't know the correct way to work these. the lake i fish has alot of lilly pads and is very murky. any advice? thanks for any tips.
MrMusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 09:53 PM   #12
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

you can work them fast, slow, stop and go, even faster, or slower, yo yo type retrieve, whatever. The few fish I've caught on it was using a SLOW retrieve practically dragging/bouncing the lure on the bottom.
Old 05-26-05, 09:58 PM   #13
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

A good way to learn crankbait retreive is to cast the lure , and reel in a few turns, pause, then reel several times, pause, and in doing so, often you can get the bass to strike on the stop or start up, remember many crankbaits begin a backup wobble when you stop reeling, giving the bass a chance to react to it..after awhile you can tell if they hit it on the crank, or you discover fish after fish is there after the pause and you begin reeling again.
Dont be afraid to throw that crankbait in the thickest of cover like trees, many anglers will get near the tree but never dare pick it apart, thats key in getting bites 8)
Old 05-27-05, 08:58 AM   #14
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

I have not used them much, and have about all the swim baits LOL. I just bought a package of the 6" swim baits, figured if in a tourney and I have a limit, I would start throwing it. Cuz if something bites it, you know it's gonna be a keeper. I plan on working them over the next couple of weeks, to see how they do. Man there are just too many baits out there ;D , and I seem to be buying all of them, even though I can't use all of what I have now They do catch fish I know that, but so do a lot of other baits. Getting ready to place an order with http://www.ghostbaits.com hopefully today. He has some Sweet Beaver Knockoffs that have some good action to them, and a 4" Zipper worm with a split tail I wanna try. The garage just keeps getting smaller, and smaller everyweek ;D Oh well better fishing stuff than the Bars :-* Got a long way to go to catch bassman30 though from what I hear :-X

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 10:42 AM   #15
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizards,
Â*Do ya have any lures that you regret buying after trying and no luck?

I know I went out of my way years ago to buy the local ohio river balsa wood crank bait a "wee bait"
a flat sided finesse bait, they look awesome but I have never gotten any strikes, but have been in tourneys where they shine for others.
The flat sided crankbait craze hits every now and then, bassmaster magazine will do a story on them occasionally.
Of course bomber has thier own, any one else use the flat sided crankbait?
[img] Â* Â* http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/Bomb-FlatA.jpg Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*[/img] FLAT A
Old 05-27-05, 01:01 PM   #16
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JB link=board=news;num=1117055083;start=0#14 date=05/27/05 at 09:42:04]Lizards,
Â*Do ya have any lures that you regret buying after trying and no luck?

I know I went out of my way years ago to buy the local ohio river balsa wood crank bait a "wee bait"
a flat sided finesse bait, they look awesome but I have never gotten any strikes, but have been in tourneys where they shine for others.
The flat sided crankbait craze hits every now and then, bassmaster magazine will do a story on them occasionally.
Of course bomber has thier own, any one else use the flat sided crankbait?
[img] Â* Â* http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/Bomb-FlatA.jpg Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*[/img] FLAT A[/quote]

Yes I've bought several lures that were disappointing. The most so was a TV infomercial lure package, can't even remeber the name of them, somewhat similiar to the Kicktail. Never got a bite, and they were the cheapest piece of crap I ever saw. I threw the whole box away, with all the lures. I didn't even feel good about giving them away. As for the flat sided cranks yes I do use them, and like them. They are pretty popular on the Ohio river I'm seeing I've caught several on them, just a different action the the fat boys. Actually I also just ordered some flat sided cranks from http://www.dbaits.com The owner of the company was my boater in my first tourney on the Ohio River, and he had caught 2 of his fish on them. The really big problem is I buy stuff and then haven't even used them. I have some 14" ribbontail worms(5 bags) I bought earlier this year, and they haven't see the water yet : That's why I give a lot of stuff away. Just keeps building up.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.