Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-05, 06:37 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Ed Harp Ohio River info

Well every once in awhile you get to come in contact with one of those great individuals who goes out of his way to help you out. Ed happens to be one of those folks, and below is why I believe that. This was a email I sent ot him, and he responded back to me. You judge for yourself Now his response is at top, so it's being read backwards so to speak. I sent this email to him approx 6 pm 4/19

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:32:43 -0400
From: "Ed Harp" <ed@theohioriver.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: Ordering your cd online
To: "Scott Calvin" <lizardsrulebass@sbcglobal.net>

Scott,

Email your address and I'll send you a CD.

Do so this evening as I will be going out of town tomorrow Am.

If you miss the email you can call with your address-I'll take a CD with me and send it from the road.

513-646-2041

You can mail the check to:

Ed Harp
PO Box 229
Georgetown, Ohio 45121-0229

Ed Harp
(513) 646-2041
ed@theohioriver.com
http://www.theohioriver.com
Member: Outdoor Writers of Ohio (State Record Fish Committee)
Member Southeastern Outdoor Press Association (Board of Directors)
----- Original Message -----
To: ed@theohioriver.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 3:49 PM
Subject: Ordering your cd online

Just wondering if you can order it online or over the phone, with credit card? I have 4 tourneys this year on the Ohio river system, and need info on it. My first one is April 30th at Lawrenceburg. Which means I wanted to get cd sooner than mailing you a check, and then you mailing it back. So far yours is about the only detailed info I can find.

Scott Calvin

END MESSAGE!

Now I didn't get this message until this am, so I emailed him back and called him, and he is sending the cd to me from being on the road in Mississippi. Now that is what I consider a generous, and truly nice individual. He hasn't recieved any money yet, but is trusting me. I already mailed him his check.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 09:39 PM   #2
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI
Default Re: Ed Harp Ohio River info

Lizard,
What kind of cd is this? How many tournaments will you have on the Ohio?You might have one close to me because I live in Henderson KY which sits right on the river.

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 10:34 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

4 of the six tournaments are on the OHIO. The regional is on Paducah(Ohio River also) I had to get 3 fishing licences. Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky :P It does irk me a little, but hey I new to the tourneys so I'll roll with the punches. Plus since I'm a non-boater, I really have no choice as to where we fish. So I'm planning my strategies, based on fishing used water, and trying something slightly different from everyone else is. Heck with 400 fisherman beating up the banks with spinners, and cranks, and lizards, I gotta find a edge somewhere. I'm also trying to learn as much about the river system as possible. I may be able to suggest a location to the boater, but being honest, I have not fished the Ohio, other than saturday, and it only taught me what didn't work I believe we will have some bass close to spawning if not some already spawning(weather depending of course). After reading a lot of the results of the tourneys, the non-boaters who are winning seem to be fishing more finesse than power fishing. Which is sometimes tough if the boater is on high constantly. But hey I'll adapt, overcome, and kick their butts

Lizards

Lizards
Old 04-21-05, 11:54 AM   #4
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

L
is this tidal water?
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 01:42 PM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

No bassintom, it's the Ohio River that runs between Indiana, and Ohio, and then down to Kentucky. It's fed by smaller creeks and such. And all the crap coming down from the northern states :P

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.