Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-06, 10:10 AM   #1
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My cats woke me up, wanting to open presents.

Set alarm for 0500 hrs so I could ambush the paper "boy" (approx. age, 35) and hand him a Christmas card with some $ in it. Written on card: "Thanks for all your faithful service. Now, please, work on your gunnery skills. Signed, State Your Name." (He misses the mark by at least 20 feet evAry time.) Waited in bathrobe, cuppa java in hand, for 1 hr. and 15 minutes until he showed up, in 42F and howling winds.
Surly lout showed up, accepted card, mumbled what may have been thanks.
0620...back to the sack.
0715...Winchester purring contentedly as he sleeps on the pillow.
0716...Miss Monicat Meowinsky, apparently miffed at his usurping of her rightful place, attacks. I receive slight laceration to scalp as W'chester seeks traction in an attempt to escape felonious feline female fury.
0716:45...in bathroom, dabbing Neosporin(TM) on wound.
0718...After igniting coffee maker, seeking under furniture and in various crannies in hopes of effecting retaliatory strike. (See: Catbeating Contests I Have Won.)
0722...Discover cats, looking innocent and adorable, sitting in living room, looking up wistfully at their stockings (hung by the chimney, with care.)
0724...Sipping coffee, a bit misty-eyed, on the couch, watching cats roll in some newly sprinkled catnip and batting new toys between trips to small bowl of cat treats placed nearby.
0727...Missing Martha too much to bear so get up, recheck shotgun and ammo (No! Not that. For tomorrow's combined Dove and Quail hunt.)

And now, here I sit.

Merry Christmas to all, a safe and loving one!
You have all, well, mostly , enriched my life beyond measure.

FlyRod

Last edited by FlyRod; 12-26-06 at 12:31 AM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-06, 10:13 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hang in there flyguy, we'll get ya through the holidays!
Always have enjoyed your post, esp when we grew up in a military (army) atmosphere here at home.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-06, 10:24 AM   #3
crankybait

Haha lucky you! i woke up and to my dismay... NO, absolutely NO fishing gear for christmas. Of course santa couldn't follow my DAMN list, but i did get an ipod... and 20 bucks to wally world which i shall blow on gear
Old 12-25-06, 10:34 AM   #4
Christopherkeene9

Haven't started the festivities yet
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-06, 11:20 AM   #5
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Merry Christmas Flyrod!
Old 12-25-06, 12:10 PM   #6
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

5 $100 gift cards to basspro....Fish finder? Trolling Motors...Another Setup and tacklebox / bait ? hmmmm? And prolly more to come from sister, aunt n uncle ..
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-06, 01:16 PM   #7
revrat
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm at work today. Double time and a half makes it $60 per hour for 12 hours though

Wife is at home, but will be headed to my inlaws for breakfast.

We did our Christams last night.

She got me the whole rodbuilding supplies kit from Mudhole. I got everything but the blank and components. I feel the itch for a new home made Loomis 844! Think I'll take Christmas money from Grandma and Mom and put a new Revo on it.
revrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-06, 01:59 PM   #8
Christopherkeene9

ahhh Mudhole good stuff they are like 5 minutes from my house, nice people, seems family owned/ran, and they'll help ya out if ya need it.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 12:28 AM   #9
flfireman

AAahhh! Christmas morning. Blaring alarm clock at 0600 hrs, 0615 finally smash blaring alarm clock. 0630 walk out and plug in tree, 0645- attempt to wake up all 3 kids, 0700 hrs- still attempting to wake up all 3 kids, 0704- kids awake, see presents, chaos ensue's. 0710- start truck and haul butt to get to work before 0730. 0720- red/blue lights of Harley davidson behind me, cop attached. 0725- slow down and merry christmas- Thank You officer. 0736- arrive at firehouse. 2330 hrs- kids and wife had a good day, went to my parent's for dinner. Wife tortured kids, wouldn't allow them to open any presents from us. Celebrating Christmas with my family Dec. 26th. Did see her side of family on christmas eve. Anyways............... Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-06, 12:52 AM   #10
flbassman

Merry Christmas! Good luck with the birds tommorow. DONT BRING ANY POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.