Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-07, 07:04 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default swindle dq'ed from day two....

read all about it.. then watch why he got dqed.. this is stupidity on a grand scale...

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/t...ory?id=2778146

zooker
Old 02-24-07, 07:14 PM   #2
JB

"what was that? he shouldn't have done that"
translation: 2 many redbulls rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 07:23 PM   #3
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Lmao Jb.....
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 07:50 PM   #4
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Note: FlyRod is attending a weekend MENSA gathering at a nudist camp near Lake Travis so I'm filling in for him. I'm using his condo for in exchange for emptying the litterboxes. My "secretary" and I needed a comfy place to talk things over, overnight, and my wife doesn't understand me.

My take on this matter: Swindle is a man given to impulsive and immature acts on occasion. His "Mikeophoboia" re Iaconelli has driven much of this.
So far as the penalty goes, he asked for it AND got it. Rightly so, I say.
Of course, we've not heard the last of this.

My secretary, Miss Jolene "Sweet Beaver" Culpepper, says "Hi there" to all.

Skip Tumaloo
Tired But Happy
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 08:15 PM   #5
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Swindle is doing stupid stuff all the time. In the Ultimate Match fishing last year him and Claussen about came to blows because he was acting like a fool.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 08:26 PM   #6
pig n jig

Sounds like G Man forgot about the tournament.You have got to admit, getting a boat with a full tank of gas and runs like a scalded dog would be half the fun of fishing big tournaments ? Or maybe not. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 08:47 PM   #7
BPACA

He just got a little carried away......little to hyped up....looks like KVD and Ish had a good day?
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 08:49 PM   #8
JB

I've been in tourneys that guys come in and blow by ya, your aloud to complain to the tournament director. Plus in creeks its illegal on the ohio river due to soil erosion
Old 02-24-07, 09:34 PM   #9
crab

I think hes a cry baby and luke did eat his lunch in match fishing,he smoked him good.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 11:12 AM   #10
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

tsk....tsk...tsk......shoulda, woulda, coulda........tuff break......
Old 02-25-07, 01:23 PM   #11
JB

ever been washed out by a anxious boater, the waves about toss ya out of the boat! most bass boats have under a foot on the sides while you stand on the deck, and when someone takes off to close to ya, or comes in too fast, you can count on about 7 waves that hit you and the shore before it calms down..not only do you loose concentration on your fishing, ya loose contact with the line, a possible hit, plus it wears on your nerves the whole time the other guy is around..I see it more on the lake than in the coves, theres too many standing trees and humps to hit to take off very fast if you're not close to the coves opening to the lake.
I think the best reason to have it in the rules is that the wave can literally throw people from their idle boats, because of the force of the wave, and most importantly, because you are not expecting it if you have your back turned to the knucklehead that just zoomed by ya.
Old 02-25-07, 02:29 PM   #12
jobrien214
BassFishin.Com Member

Default King sized idiot

The "G" man ....HaHa the "I" man short for idiot....What was this putz thinking? Glad he got booted ... If that was me he buzzed he would have a flipping stick wedged up his hillbilly azz.....Then the tears on stage..makes me wanna puke... hope his sponsers drop him like a rock....Only one could wish he would be banned for life... I have been bass fishing since 1980 and have owned a rig since then and never have witnessed such a idiot move as that.... oh well just my two cents worth
jobrien214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 03:27 PM   #13
JB

Default Swindle Confined to House Arrest!

Old 02-25-07, 04:40 PM   #14
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien214 View Post
The "G" man ....HaHa the "I" man short for idiot....What was this putz thinking? Glad he got booted ... If that was me he buzzed he would have a flipping stick wedged up his hillbilly azz.....Then the tears on stage..makes me wanna puke... hope his sponsers drop him like a rock....Only one could wish he would be banned for life... I have been bass fishing since 1980 and have owned a rig since then and never have witnessed such a idiot move as that.... oh well just my two cents worth
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 05:05 PM   #15
HOG Ranger

I don't know if anyone noticed but the camera man in Swindles boat was grinning a smirk as they blasted by. Really was a dangerous situation and Swindle should know better.

Even if he thought it was safe you never, never go by a fellow angler on plane like that.
Old 02-25-07, 05:19 PM   #16
crab

I agree with Joebrien on this,I would stomp a mudhole in his rear end and walk it dry.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 07:16 PM   #17
pig n jig

I am thinking a couple of people here just doesn't like him ? No, I don't think Gman was out of bounds, nor is he a hillbilly.It was clearly a safe flight deal, he has alot of time behind the wheel, I just think its a tough lesson learned and a piss poor call by Trip Weldon. He had to do something, since he was called on it.It might just stoke the fires into Swindel, like the incidents did for Ike ?Just my opinion. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 08:10 PM   #18
zooker

Quote:
i have no idea who this guy-jobrien- is but he uses the same -more or less-username on at least 4-5 boards that i know of..i would like him to know some of US hill billy's take offence at his rude use of the term..or even dragin that moron swindle up to our low life level..

if jobrien has owned a boat as long as he claims he should not be suprised at any thing anal retentive pro anglers do..and it even in ohio he has seen this happen more than a few times..

i do happen to agree with you-jobrien- though knowing that bassmaster classic pro's are under a microscope during the tourny. and doing something this stupid would be seen by millions of poeple..

jobrien
like the way you omitted the jet ski comment-nice touch-for this board..

zooker
Old 02-26-07, 08:26 PM   #19
ROBZILLA

The Guy Is A Rick But Move The R And Add A "d" Kcid Turn It Around! I Don't Care For Him To Much.
Old 02-26-07, 09:19 PM   #20
BPACA

Eh....If you were a pro you'd understand Swindles side.....Howell didn't seem to think it was a crazy move....I mean he ok'd it......he will just have to be carefull next time...and whoever said Swindle is a overated angler doesn't know what the hell they are talking about......I know for a fact that nobody, not me, nobody can outcast, skip Swindle on this forum.....the guy is one of the most accurate casters in the world.....look at the bassfan rankings....swindle isn't overated...he won angler of the year didn't he....he will be right back at the game like IKE....if you fished at that level you would understand the emotions.....this is their whole life....think about it!
Old 02-26-07, 10:02 PM   #21
HOG Ranger

I am sure Gerald thought nothing about it but what was bad was that he buzzed very close to a spectator boat. These guys come out of the gate wide open and run 70 plus mph on a regular basis. I am sure their boat handling skills are very good to excellent.

With that said, you never go by a fellow boater who is stationary on plane at that close of a proximity.

He is an excellent angler but he sometimes does really dumb things. Maybe he can justify them but to people on the outside looking in it is hard to understand. I personally like the guy and enjoy watching him fish but he needs to get himself under control at times. Same thing happened with Ike and I think it was a wakeup call and everyone knows how that one turned out with AOTY.
Old 02-26-07, 10:55 PM   #22
BPACA

Hog man I agree with you....like I said he is gonna have to be more careful next time.....One thing that made me a little disturbed was how he was acting after the incident he was like falling around his boat and actin like he was drunk.....maybe he was like another Paula there in the moment
I like how he fishes but like yah said it is a reality check for him......
I think he will be okay....I don't disrespect the guy or like him any less than I did....the G man is still gonna be the G man....we've all been there done that....maybe not all on the water but yah get my point.....
Old 02-27-07, 02:58 AM   #23
carolina-rig-01

last year at the bassmaster classic on grand lake which is next door to me, a pro was running down the lake when his boat hit a wake at an odd angle. this actually ripped the 250 hp merc off the boat and threw his co angler in the lake at 70 mph. i like g-man but even with all the boating experience in the world things can happen. just think he shouldn't have pushed the envelope in a crowd of boats.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 10:59 AM   #24
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

The actions of a "PRO"fessional should reflect a PRO demeanor, although I like gerald, I think this move was out of place and character for him. This was not a good move on his part, as far as setting an example for the millions of weekend bassers out there. I sure would not appreciate someone doing that to me out on my favorite lake, and I don't think any of you would want it done to you either. It was plain rude and inappropriate behaviour for a "PRO". I think he should have been DQ'd for this, in my opinion its a greater infraction that throwing a temper tandrom in your boat.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 11:27 AM   #25
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef
Talking

Quote:
Holy crap! These comments are why I hate the way some of todays youth talks/thinks. Total disrespect. 20 years ago, if you made a comment about an adult and called him an idiot, moron, d*ck, you were going to get your a$$ whooped. So G-man made a mistake, big deal, we're all human. Why do you have so much hate towards Gerald? Because he's accomplished more with a rod in his hand than you have?
If you've been fishing since 1980 in your own rig and you've never witnessed something like what Swindle did, than you need to get that jon boat off your backyard pond and put it in some big water. Trust me you will see alot worse. His actions had consequenses and Trip gave him what punishment he deserved. End of story. Swindle will have to live with that, but the man don't deserve to be continually crucified for it.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.