Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-07, 06:50 PM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service on Lake Palestine

Mattern Guide Service on Lake Palestine

Hello Everybody,

Hosea 6: Verse 1: Come, and let us return unto the Lord; for he hath torn, and He will heal us; He hath smitten, and He will bind us up.

Well The bite has picked up this week with Bass hitting mainly white/Chartruse Nichols spinnerbaits worked near deeper water in the shallows. Bass have been in all phases of the Spawn with Bass holding making beds and such in 1-2 feet of water in the backs of the coves. They will hit senko type baits in Watermelon Candy and Green Pumpkin Pepper. I use Nichols 5" Salty Mother Sinker. They have been working really well on the Bass up close and personal.

Water is stained in the North End of the Lake with Mid- Lake to Dam Areas looking great and clear.Some Bass have finished spawning and are feeding on shad. Findd the shad and you find the Bass. Water temps were 59 at daylight warming to 70 at the end of the day.

Have been getting about 12 bites a day with 6-8 Keepers but since the bite picked up we had about 30 bites with 17 keepers up to about 3 lbs. No real Big Bass but all were about 2-3 lbers. I heard some Bigger Bass have been caught up to 8 lbs. It won't be long to the poppers and walking topwater baits will be on and what exciting action that will be.

To Book a Guide trip just call 903-478-2633 or 903-724-1203 and I will get back to you, sometimes I am on the Lake so it will be after I get back in.

Do not forget my sponsors and tell them Mattern Guide sent you. God Bless and Thanks. Remember Jesus loves you and the devil is a liar.

Sponsors: Nichols Lures- 903-589-8100

Friendly Custom Rods- 903-574-5115

Phantom Tackle- Phantomtackle.com
Date Added: 2007-04-13Type of Fishing: Bottom FishingCharter Service Name: Mattern Guide ServiceEmail Guide or Angler: donmat@earthlink.netCaptains Name: Don Mattern Sr.Region You Fish: TexasBiz Phone: 903-478-2633
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.