Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-07, 08:48 PM   #1
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Small Space hmmmm

Well I'm finally having to transfer and go away to school....how would you go about making space in a dorm for the tackle and all.....its gonna be a tight fit.
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 08:53 PM   #2
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

A few rods/reels and a tackle box/bag should fit in a dorm with ease. You dont need to bring along a sh*t load of tackle, because honestly its impractical. Just bring along a bag or two full and thats it. Pick up what you need as you go.
Old 08-16-07, 09:30 PM   #3
FlyRod

Exclamation

Bpaca,

The main concern is the safety and security of your tackle. There are, sad to say, what we called in the Army "Barracks Thieves". There are also "buddies" who will say "Oh, you weren't here and I knew you wouldn't mind if I borrowed some of your gear."...This as you survey the broken tip, the hopeless backlash, and add up the lost lures.
In my college days, we were allowed to have firearms in our dorm rooms. After all, we had to be ready to go hunting whenever the opportunity arose on short notice. Once the word was out that I had a deer rifle, a 20 ga. semiauto, and a 12 ga, semiauto in my room I had to be on constant alert. The dorm proctor was concerned as well, so he allowed me to store the guns in his well-secured room until I finally talked the ROTC Armory NCO in Charge into keeping the guns safe and readily available to me. Had I not been a cadet, I'd have had a real problem.
Even a trusted roomie, alone while you are out, might not be able to deter the dorm bully (some third-string tackle with one huge eye and a tusk,) from entering and helping himself. (I had to deal with one of those once he heard I had a stash of skin mags in my desk)
Be certain to check with your parents' insurance guru to see if your personal items can be covered in the dorm!!!

Good luck, study hard, and always wear protection!

FR
Class Of '66
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 09:44 PM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
In my college days, we were allowed to have firearms in our dorm rooms.
Yeah-they never knew when General Lee and the ANV would storm the dorm.

Sorry, buddy-I couldn't resist.
Old 08-17-07, 11:46 PM   #5
CLENSKH
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CLENSKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
Bpaca,

The main concern is the safety and security of your tackle. There are, sad to say, what we called in the Army "Barracks Thieves". There are also "buddies" who will say "Oh, you weren't here and I knew you wouldn't mind if I borrowed some of your gear."...This as you survey the broken tip, the hopeless backlash, and add up the lost lures.
In my college days, we were allowed to have firearms in our dorm rooms. After all, we had to be ready to go hunting whenever the opportunity arose on short notice. Once the word was out that I had a deer rifle, a 20 ga. semiauto, and a 12 ga, semiauto in my room I had to be on constant alert. The dorm proctor was concerned as well, so he allowed me to store the guns in his well-secured room until I finally talked the ROTC Armory NCO in Charge into keeping the guns safe and readily available to me. Had I not been a cadet, I'd have had a real problem.
Even a trusted roomie, alone while you are out, might not be able to deter the dorm bully (some third-string tackle with one huge eye and a tusk,) from entering and helping himself. (I had to deal with one of those once he heard I had a stash of skin mags in my desk)
Be certain to check with your parents' insurance guru to see if your personal items can be covered in the dorm!!!

Good luck, study hard, and always wear protection!

FR
Class Of '66
There is only one theif in the Army.. Everyone else is just trying to get there stuff back.
Old 08-17-07, 11:56 PM   #6
FlyRod

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post

No prob, old pal (See: Old buddy, Old chum, etc.) The end result would have been the same...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV2grsCeBRs

Who still has the Victory pee-rade?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMzG...elated&search=
They do this every year in Gettysburg PA. Some sloppy marching in spots.
But neither side was so well-drilled as:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqub0...elated&search=
How 'bout dem Norwegians? I though they'd all moved to Lake Wobegon Minnesota!

Another tribute to Southern Leadership...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3L4k...elated&search=

Yeah, I know about not being able to resist!

Drive the Saber to the hilt! For The Union and The Right!

FR
A Gentleman of The South, but true to his oath.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.