Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-07, 02:17 AM   #1
vagabond
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Question on how to use the search feature

I was watching tv today and Bill Dance was throwing a rediclious looking buzz bait made by Booyah. It was called Dancin' Buzz or something like that.

I did a search for Dancin' Buzz and this is the message I get when I try to click on any of the links that came up...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /bassfishingforums/showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I scroll over the links, I'm able to read first section of what's written in each thread. Just when I click on it it gives me the forbidden message. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 08:41 AM   #2
Kevin
Administrator

Hey Vagabond,

Without getting too geeky, if you put an apostrophe somewhere in the search query, such as Dancin', it's going to try to highlight that apostrophe'd word on the threads and because of poor programming, that apostrophe isn't encoded properly for a URL and thus causes havoc, showing the file does not exist. It's just a bug that hopefully will soon be fixed.

But in the mean time, just type in 'Dancin Buzz' in the search without the apostrophe and all will work as planned. Sorry for the headache!

Kevin
Old 12-31-07, 09:16 AM   #3
vagabond
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks. That fixed it.
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 12:40 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd like to try one of the Dancin' Buzz baits. They look interesting.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.