Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-08, 12:22 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Brantley Lake report - private lake

Well I took the boat out this morning. I got to the lake a little later than I wanted. I was on the water at 7am. I modified the boat a little and raised the seat up and added a swivel. This has made rowing a bit more difficult. I will likely get a trolling motor and small battery. I also added two rod holders on the back.

Well, I fished primarily a cotton candy lizard. I had several bites but only landed one fish. It was a small LM - 12in - 0.75lbs. I consider this trip a success because this is a difficult lake to fish because it is so heavily fished by many people. I usually get blanked without any bites at all at this lake.

I had to take a picture of the boat tied down to my car so you guys can get a good laugh. But it does keep me from breaking down the boat and saves a lot of time getting on the water.

Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-08, 12:33 PM   #2
Bender

The boat is rigged up real nice! As for on the car, I hope you don't go too fast or too far.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-08, 12:36 PM   #3
Fishnngolfn

I have to go to Lowe's and pick up a few more ratchet straps. This trip was only 2 miles down the road.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-08, 01:39 PM   #4
Jim80

nice pics, F&G at least you got that one I'm hoping to get out this evening for a while and i'm glad you are enjoying the boat .
Old 07-19-08, 04:04 PM   #5
brushhog

That is a great looking rig, I would love to fish out that. Keep us posted!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.