Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-09, 11:40 AM   #1
TennesseeBassHawg
BassFishin.Com Member

Default First Fish of the season.Crankbaits!

We went to a small pond in Mississippi expecting a good day. IT started off slow and had me a little frustrated. I had only caught 1 bass after an hour. I was using jigs, worms, spinnerbaits, and flukes. I took a friend of mine with me that is not really a bass fisherman. He had a 5500C Garcia real, but it was on a 8' Rhino rod. I tried not the laugh the first time i saw him. But wouldn't you know it, he made it happen. I had noticed that he was throwing a rattle trap and was rippin' it thourgh the water man! As fast as he could real. Well i saw him catch a fish and i figured he must of snagged that fish. But just a few seconds later he catches another one. Well, i tie on a crankbait and soon i catch one. Meanwhile, my other buddy just hates crankbaits and will not tie one on. To make a long story short we caught 15 1.5-2lbs bass. we had a nice fish fry that night. My buddy with the 8 foot rod, he's a computer scientist and had actually done his homework the night before. THe moral of this story is you will never know what and who you may learn from. I've been bass fishing for 30 years and i still learn something knew almost everytime i go fishing.
Now, lets go rip some lips!!!
TennesseeBassHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-09, 03:01 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

first of all, welcome to the site pal. this is the best there is on the world wide web. you are now offical fodder for the bait monkey.
now...congrats. you can always count on a friend to help ya out huh? i want to get my fathers ol 550 garcia. love them reels. great reels for cranking cranks.
Old 03-14-09, 03:15 PM   #3
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Sweet! A poster newer than me! Welcome Hawg
Old 03-14-09, 03:33 PM   #4
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah welcome to the nuthouse... glad you found this website and glad you caught some fish
Old 03-14-09, 07:18 PM   #5
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

welcome aboard man , it's always good to learn something new on the water.

Jim
Old 03-15-09, 10:32 AM   #6
keithdog

Welcome to the forums! Liked your story. How often over the years have I witnessed something similar. One guy tries something that others would snicker at, and by days end, guess who has the last laugh. Experimentation can work wonders, even if it seems weird at first. My brother once was fishing with a spinnerbait at a lake he'd never fished before. He slipped on a 9 inch black Manns Jelleyworm as a trailer. I got a good laugh out of that, asking why he's put such a big trailer on that spinnerbait. I told him, to downsize that trailer. He ignored me as usual. But he was catching about 5 bass to every one of mine. It seemed like every other cast he was nailing fish. I couldn't believe it. Sometimes the unusual is just the ticket.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.