Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-09, 10:58 PM   #1
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default Mega Strike Evolution Jig? Bait Monkey Lurking ? . . .

Has anyone ever heard of or used this name brand of jig? they look pretty good and are 2 packs for $5 at the local fishin store, with 2 in each pack. Im kind of weary because most other decent jigs are around 3 to 5 dollars, if these particular baits are so good why sell 4 jigs for $5 ? just has me curious if anyone here has used them and how they performed?

Here is a link to their site and this is the particular jig that im referring to.

They are lead free with Gammy hooks, and a fluorocarbon weedguard. I purchased the heavy cover and the finesse ones.

And they also make the Cavitron buzzbaits if anyone has used these.

Bait Monkey Lurking?

Last edited by bingham; 04-14-09 at 11:21 PM.
bingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:43 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I believe when they first came out they were about 8 or 10 bucks for two, they have come down some.
Old 04-15-09, 04:35 AM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Woods n water? Do they still have PJs jigs?

The evolution jigs are being advertises "as seen on tv with roland" so they much be ammaaazinnng.....

There are reasons why a company decides to lower its price. Now it could mean that its cause the jig is no good and they are stuck with a million of them. It could also mean that they believe in the jig and want to get it out there, so they drop the price in an attempt to capture market share.

I say buy a pack, give them a try, its an interesting design, and if after 45 minutes you feel like an idiot put them in the bottom of the box with the flying lure and nerf gun fishing rod.
Old 04-15-09, 06:07 AM   #4
1/4 stick

I agree with WTL, buy a pack and give it a try.
Old 04-15-09, 07:16 AM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

we stopped at woods and water on our way to mississippi. man do they have some good stuff. gotta be careful as at any bait store. but you can get some great deals if you look hard enough. we loved the furniture that they carry.
Old 04-15-09, 09:00 AM   #6
doc

It has quickly become the only jig I use. I love the floro weedguard, and It allways lands correct. I just about dont throw any other jig.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 09:05 AM   #7
bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Woods n water? Do they still have PJs jigs?

The evolution jigs are being advertises "as seen on tv with roland" so they much be ammaaazinnng.....

There are reasons why a company decides to lower its price. Now it could mean that its cause the jig is no good and they are stuck with a million of them. It could also mean that they believe in the jig and want to get it out there, so they drop the price in an attempt to capture market share.

I say buy a pack, give them a try, its an interesting design, and if after 45 minutes you feel like an idiot put them in the bottom of the box with the flying lure and nerf gun fishing rod.
Yes woods and Water. didnt say that didnt think anyone but you would know what im talkin about. I havent looked at PJs Jigs, are they good should i get some? yeah i saw the roland advertisement lol... i bought 2 packs for $5 im gonna try em out at lock 8 friday ive got my first tourney to prefish for! and ive never seen or heard of this jig so im hoping theyre getting theyre name out. if i like them, ill go buy a few more packs.
The skirt is a little different than im used to so hopefully ill get over that, itll look better once i get the crawdad trailer on the back. ill let you know how it goes!
Old 04-15-09, 09:07 AM   #8
bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
It has quickly become the only jig I use. I love the floro weedguard, and It allways lands correct. I just about dont throw any other jig.
Really? i like the whole design and i was hoping it wasnt one of the lures that catch me instead of me catchin fish. i noticed the flat back on it so it always lands correctly. what kind of trailer do you use? and have you used the finesse or the heavy cover? what makes you like it so much?
Old 04-15-09, 10:30 AM   #9
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingham View Post
Really? i like the whole design and i was hoping it wasnt one of the lures that catch me instead of me catchin fish. i noticed the flat back on it so it always lands correctly. what kind of trailer do you use? and have you used the finesse or the heavy cover? what makes you like it so much?

I like the strike king 3x trailers in warmer water, yum chunks in cooler water. I use both finess and heavy cover. I like that it allways lands correctly, then with just a little twitch, you can get the head to pivot and trailer to stand up making a defensive stance, I know alot of jigs make the defensive stance, but this one usually lands flat, and will not stand up untill you give it that little twicth. I like the floro weed guard (it disapears just under the surface) I also like the material that the skirt is made out of, watch it in the water, when left motionless it will "flare" out.
Old 04-15-09, 11:48 AM   #10
bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I like the strike king 3x trailers in warmer water, yum chunks in cooler water. I use both finess and heavy cover. I like that it allways lands correctly, then with just a little twitch, you can get the head to pivot and trailer to stand up making a defensive stance, I know alot of jigs make the defensive stance, but this one usually lands flat, and will not stand up untill you give it that little twicth. I like the floro weed guard (it disapears just under the surface) I also like the material that the skirt is made out of, watch it in the water, when left motionless it will "flare" out.
yeah i noticed how the weed guard really did dissapear, i put it in my pool lol...and a few times it was on its side and i gave the initial popand the claws were straight up! i hope it catches me some fish!!!
Old 04-15-09, 02:00 PM   #11
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingham View Post
yeah i noticed how the weed guard really did dissapear, i put it in my pool lol...and a few times it was on its side and i gave the initial popand the claws were straight up! i hope it catches me some fish!!!

I've found that if you just hook the trailer on like a traditional jnp they dont stand up as well. thread the hook thru the bulk of the traier, and slide the head the trailer as close to the head of the jig as you can get. (gives the jig alot more realistic profile In my opinion.) I do this with most of my jigs, but it really works well with the evolutions because of the way their made.
Old 04-15-09, 03:53 PM   #12
Austin
BassFishin.Com Member

Let me know if you like them because I need some more jigs.
Old 04-15-09, 09:03 PM   #13
IS300n8
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to IS300n8

I absolutely love the evolution jig I have caught about 80% of my fish on them this year.. ive even caught 6 perch, lol.. i throw a pb&j jig with a 3" chigger craw trailer and the bass crush it.. biggest so far on it is about 5 lbs.. I got mine cause they were on clearance at dicks for cheap but now I have to order them online cause nowhere sells them around here..
IS300n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 10:28 AM   #14
bingham

good well im gonna stock up on em !!!
Old 04-17-09, 07:00 PM   #15
PowerBass

I love the Evo Jig. Its my main confidence bait. placing another order soon.
Old 04-17-09, 07:21 PM   #16
bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Let me know if you like them because I need some more jigs.
hey buddy you may wanna look into these now, i went to the lake today, lost my baby boo jig and as my last resort put on the green oumpkin finesse, ended up with 4 fish, wouldnt bite anything else, i used it with a rage tail chunk

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.