Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-09, 02:52 PM   #1
damian2b
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Question on Weather

Hi Everyone,

I know that cold fronts can obviously change fish behavior. The reason I ask is I am planning a trip tomorrow and it has been raining and in the low to mid 60s the past two days (Thursday and Friday). However tomorrow it is suppose to be in the low to mid 80s and sunny (the few days prior to the rain/cr@ppy weather it was low to mid 80s with sun). My question is how much of a swing in weather in your experiece is really needed to affect the bite. I am praying for a good day tomorrow as I am trying out some new equipment and the only thing that has me concerned is the weather from yesterday and today.

(In case you are interested the bait monkey jumped down from high atop his perch at the Hanover MD bass pro shops and absolutely MADE me purchase a St Croix Mojo spinning rod "wacky style" thankfully the bite wasnt too serious as I had a gift card....he came in from the high ground what was I suppose to do???)

Thanks All!!!
Old 06-05-09, 05:33 PM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

after two days like the fish will prob be a little skidish , I fish as close to cover and structure as you can and dramatically slow down your presentation . I hope you will be out early while they should be the most active but try to find the shade as the day wears on or your deeper structure . The change in weather should not have affected bass in those deeper areas say 12 ta 20 feet as much as it would the fish that are hanging in the shallows . good luck on the outing man .

Jim
Old 06-05-09, 05:38 PM   #3
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sounds like a good situation for a wacky senko close to cover IMO.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 06:33 PM   #4
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That type of weather has been a constant around me for the last couple weeks , and our go to bait has steadily been a yum woolyhawg tail with a 3/16oz weight pegged to it or a craw style bait . I personally hate not having a senko tied on just cause I am so confident in the bait , any way it is rigged but it has not been producing as well as the former lately maybe as it gets more into summer that will change at least I hope it will .

Jim
Old 06-05-09, 07:59 PM   #5
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

currant weather has very little to do with techique changes..

they are still there reguardless of weather they may be positioned differantly..but that is all...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.