Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-09, 06:06 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default I bring out the worse

Apparently I manage to bring out the worse in women and law enforcement. I got a DFG ticket today for not having my license properly displayed. According to CA, the license must be displayed above the waist when fishing on your outer clothing. I know the rule and usually have it attached to my hat or hanging from lanyard on my neck. Since a buddy and I were wading today, I ended up sticking the lanyard inside of my shirt to keep it dry. Sure enough, DFG rolls up on the scene. They ask to see my license and I pull it out of my shirt. The guy then quotes the code and writes me the ticket. I am not trying to say that I was innocent of the infraction, but it still pissed me off to have to pay a fine.
Old 07-21-09, 06:11 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If that were alabama, the redneck militia would be sending the seige engines against montgomery even now. You Sir, live it a ****hole tyranny of a state.
Old 07-21-09, 06:14 PM   #3
bassackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

yea thats bullstuf
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 06:15 PM   #4
bcklash

Cass, you need to move back to Va. That is a stipid law. Some people around here raise hell because we have to keep our throw cushion at easy access ( out on the deck of the boat ). I can't imagine what would happen if we had to display our license.
Old 07-21-09, 06:15 PM   #5
crankybait

Damn that stinks... Oddly enough, I ALWAYS wear my license from my short's pocket.
Old 07-21-09, 06:15 PM   #6
WTL

You might as well have to display the Star of David on your arm, and you should tell those nazis just that.
Old 07-21-09, 06:24 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

that is chicken !@&*. there is no way i could live in california with all the b.s. tickets you get. if that was anywhere else they would probably ignored the fact that your liscense wasn't displayed like they want or at the very most the might have given you a warning. that is b.s.
Old 07-21-09, 06:28 PM   #8
WaffleJaw

wow ive never heard of such a thing.....texas isnt like that at all.
Ive never pulled my license from my wallet...ive never had a run in with a warden or been questioned about my license either though....
Old 07-21-09, 06:58 PM   #9
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
Apparently I manage to bring out the worse in women and law enforcement. I got a DFG ticket today for not having my license properly displayed. According to CA, the license must be displayed above the waist when fishing on your outer clothing. I know the rule and usually have it attached to my hat or hanging from lanyard on my neck. Since a buddy and I were wading today, I ended up sticking the lanyard inside of my shirt to keep it dry. Sure enough, DFG rolls up on the scene. They ask to see my license and I pull it out of my shirt. The guy then quotes the code and writes me the ticket. I am not trying to say that I was innocent of the infraction, but it still pissed me off to have to pay a fine.
Thats the stupidist load of shish ive ever heard. Ever. What kind of numbnut made that rule up ? Better yet , what kind of numbnut writes someone a ticket for it ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 09:03 PM   #10
nofearengineer

Hey,.. Barbara Boxer has to make the money to buy illegal alien votes somehow, doesn't she?

Yeah...I know for a fact I could not live in Kalifornistan now. Real estate is very expensive, and there is no way an Engineer's salary is enough to buy a back yard big enough to bury that many a$$holes.
Old 07-21-09, 09:40 PM   #11
Bassboss

Wow! That's mole Sh!t! Sounds like a friggin private school!

Man in Flerda as long as you have it when you're fishing, you can fish!

btw, that avatar would make a great t-shirt! >

Boss

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-22-09 at 10:20 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 10:23 PM   #12
flbassman

Wow, it would have taken all of my willpower not to backhand that prick, and then continue the backhanding up to as high of a level as neccesary. This is friggin America, anybody else remember that?
Old 07-21-09, 11:19 PM   #13
bassinbob

Cass next thng they will want you to display your drivers license the same way. Too many d*** stupid rules in this country. Here in Pa it has to be displayed also but I don't think it has to be above the waist.
Old 07-21-09, 11:31 PM   #14
nofearengineer

I think I would staple my license to my bare a$$-cheek just so I could show it to them with pride. It would be worth the pain.
Old 07-21-09, 11:40 PM   #15
cassidyta

I can only assume that all branches of the state government feel that they can no longer afford to be lenient and give out warnings. The concept of the law was to cut out on poachers. The thought was that it would add peer pressure to those who do not buy a license.
Yes our laws can be quite dumb. The display your license that cost me around $100, the need a stamp to fish with a second rod when using trolling or using live bait.
I guess the frustration is how quickly the guy was willing to write the ticket. Two years ago I was walking around a local lake and had left the liscense in the car. The only pain on that one was having to walk back to the truck to get it and show it to the agent.
Like I said, I am not claiming to be innocent and am not even trying to say that it is a BS law. (I think it is BTW). The fine is only $20 for the first infraction, but hey that was bait monkey money.
Old 07-22-09, 12:21 AM   #16
nofearengineer

Holy crap, man...you can't even use more than one rod without paying an additional fee?
Old 07-22-09, 01:00 AM   #17
Bender

Wow, I can't really believe that. Where are you supposed to wear it if you are fishing without a shirt or hat? Or is there a dress code to fish too? I understand rules are rules and you need to abide by them, but these zero tolerance policies have just gone too far since nobody can seem to use common sense or courtesy anymore.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 06:28 AM   #18
JB

wow what a stupid law, we have to wear our hunting license on the back of our jacket but in no way have to display a fishing one, what happens if ya like to fish without a shirt on all day ? f/n money hungry municipalities geesh
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 11:20 AM   #19
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I could understand the rule, like in PA, we were steelhead fishing, and normally you have to climb down to the rivers and are fishing in a valley. It saves the officers the walk down to check licences since they have to be displayed. So the officer looks down, sees everyone has licences, and then they can go. But to not even give you a warning on your first offense. that's rediculous.

BB
Old 07-22-09, 05:49 PM   #20
flfireman

That's bad. I forget to put mine in the boat half the time. Last time FWC even came up to, I told him it was in my truck. He asked for SS# called it in and said OK it's valid.
Old 07-22-09, 05:54 PM   #21
nofearengineer

Best ever...DNR comes up to me and Woody fishing in my boat. He asks me if I have my Lake Sticker ($20). Honest mistake...I told him it was on the other side of the boat (it wasn't lol). He believed me and left.

I did get busted on it later in the day though, by a game official who was not quite as trusting.
Old 07-22-09, 06:08 PM   #22
aikenyounggun

dude thats sooo stupid, what a dumb rule, its that your fishin liscense or just for that lake

this is what you have to have close at hand in SC: ______________

yeah nothin

just make sure you got the basic stuff somewhere if you get pulled over
Old 07-22-09, 06:18 PM   #23
WTL

My Dad was once in the process of getting busted back at an old dock for no life jackets. But the owner of the camp used 40 year old, ripped and rotted lifejackets stapled to the dock as bumpers on the side of the dock...Dad ripped one down in site of the GW and said that he was attatched to older things like Abu reels and 40 year old life preservers and the GW let him slide.
Old 07-22-09, 09:04 PM   #24
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I could understand the rule, like in PA, we were steelhead fishing, and normally you have to climb down to the rivers and are fishing in a valley. It saves the officers the walk down to check licences since they have to be displayed. So the officer looks down, sees everyone has licences, and then they can go. But to not even give you a warning on your first offense. that's rediculous.

BB
I don't agree they can walk their sorry arses down the bank if they want to check licence.
Old 07-23-09, 11:47 AM   #25
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I don't agree they can walk their sorry arses down the bank if they want to check licence.
+1

I guess the next step in Kalifornistan (thought I would use it too, that's some funny stuff right there!), will be having remotely programmable chips inserted under the skin on the back of your head that they can scan and retrieve all of your state license and background info. Geeesh! That is probably not very far from the truth! With the current government, our entire future may be headed down the same exact path! SCARY

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.