Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-09, 02:03 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Blooper Bass

I went out saturday morning for the 10th trip (9 trips in a row of completely skunked)......i went to an area where ive caught bass before..full of really thick reeds and rocks....the water was pretty shallow and the sun was coming up......after cutting off a rooster tail,i tied on a 3/0 hook with a purple u-tale,t-rigged.
on the second cast,the wind picked up and blew the worm about three feet deep into the reeds....great....it got wrapped around and locked up tight...i pulled and jerk...nothing....i was about to cut the line when i gave one last tug and snapped the reed and released the worm....i gave the reel one or two revolutions and it snagged up again tight......i put my head down in frustration....only to look up and see my line going all over the place....im like ''you gotta be kidding me''.....i watched in shock for about 4 seconds,when the voice in my head starts screaming ''SET THE HOOK IDIOT''..so did
he fought like a 6lber i swear,i even thought he was gonna snap the line on my 14lb trilene xt.......when i finally got him in,i didnt care about the size...it just felt good hittting a fish after so many skunked trips....i need to buy a scale really bad....but ill give him the 2lber range,lol
it just extremely weird how he hit the bait after all the thrashng i did to get the worm free
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blopper.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	4132  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.