Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-10, 04:40 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default Monkey was gentle

Headed into Gander just to do a little browsing, which is all I did until I got near the reels.
The first thing that caught my attention was the $49.99 price tag on Solar Bat Pacifics.
The 2nd was hugely discounted reels. Thought I was gonna get a Pflueger President BC for 75 bucks, till I found out they had no lefties.
Ended up gettin an Exceler for $45.
Had to tear myself away from the $60 Pflueger Supreme spinning reels....
Old 01-09-10, 08:05 PM   #2
bamabassman

Nice set up mallen. The monkey bit my a$$ good tonight. Out of boredom, we went to town (gadsden), and i went to Academy. Spent 83 bucks! So much for trying to save for the new trolling motor huh? This is why i TRY to avoid going ANYWHERE during winter. But i got some stuff i really needed this time. Got some SUFFIX braid 50#. Man it is expensive, 150 yds for $20.00! It better be lie silk gold at that price or i am gonna KILL some folks here. Of all the things i got i still didn't find any BULLET weights like i like.Wally world don't carry them anymore so i guess i am gonna have to hit the local sotres to find them. All in all had a good time getting out.
Old 01-09-10, 09:07 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Nice Mallen, I wouldn't have been able to pass up the supreme spinning reel though.

BB
Old 01-09-10, 09:15 PM   #4
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Nice set up mallen. The monkey bit my a$$ good tonight. Out of boredom, we went to town (gadsden), and i went to Academy. Spent 83 bucks! So much for trying to save for the new trolling motor huh? This is why i TRY to avoid going ANYWHERE during winter. But i got some stuff i really needed this time. Got some SUFFIX braid 50#. Man it is expensive, 150 yds for $20.00! It better be lie silk gold at that price or i am gonna KILL some folks here. Of all the things i got i still didn't find any BULLET weights like i like.Wally world don't carry them anymore so i guess i am gonna have to hit the local sotres to find them. All in all had a good time getting out.

Funny you should mention Sufix braid. On the way home, I had to slap myself. Bought my first baitcaster, which I will be practicing out in the snow, but didn't buy any braid! Stoopid Mallen....
Old 01-09-10, 09:19 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Quote:
Bama, I know you've used the PowerPro braid. The Sufix is better. But if you don't think so, Sufix has a money back satisfaction guarantee.

BB
Old 01-09-10, 09:19 PM   #6
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Nice Mallen, I wouldn't have been able to pass up the supreme spinning reel though.

BB

Man....you ain't lyin'. Even after grabbing the Daiwa, I was still tempted to get 1, or 3, of the Supremes. I have one on my Iron Hawk, and it is one helluva reel. I really am thinkin of goin' back tomorrow.
Not sure how the Exceler will work out, not exactly high end. But it was the only leftie they had, and the one dude says he has 5 of 'em.
I musta talked with him for 20 minutes. Talkin 'bout baitcasters, frogs and Lake Dubonnet.
Old 01-09-10, 09:20 PM   #7
MallenManson

Quote:
Bama, I know you've used the PowerPro braid. The Sufix is better. But if you don't think so, Sufix has a money back satisfaction guarantee.

BB

I can't agree or disagree on that, since Sufix Performance is the only braid I've used, but I have loved it right from the start.
Old 01-09-10, 09:25 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Lol, I started at BPS braid (crap) and worked my way to PP, then to sufix.

BB
Old 01-09-10, 09:29 PM   #9
MallenManson

Quote:
Lol, I started at BPS braid (crap) and worked my way to PP, then to sufix.

BB

I love it! Sure can rub your finger raw though, using it on a spinning reel! haha
Old 01-10-10, 12:58 AM   #10
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have an Exceler casting and a couple spinning reels. Really great for the price. I went to Gander today too but they didn't have any sales. I checked out an Avid 6'3" to replace my current skipping rod and a 7'10" Mojo Flippin' stick. Both were nice but no sales.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 09:50 AM   #11
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I have an Exceler casting and a couple spinning reels. Really great for the price. I went to Gander today too but they didn't have any sales. I checked out an Avid 6'3" to replace my current skipping rod and a 7'10" Mojo Flippin' stick. Both were nice but no sales.

Cool. I never really checked out the Exceler casting reel at all. Bought it for the deal and kept my fingers crossed.
I like my Exceler spinning reel, although the bail gets me cussin' from time to time.
I really shoulda looked harder at the rods to see if there were any sales but I didn't notice any.
I'm really tryin' to talk myself out of going back today
Old 01-10-10, 10:58 AM   #12
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Headed into Gander just to do a little browsing, which is all I did until I got near the reels.
The first thing that caught my attention was the $49.99 price tag on Solar Bat Pacifics.
The 2nd was hugely discounted reels. Thought I was gonna get a Pflueger President BC for 75 bucks, till I found out they had no lefties.
Ended up gettin an Exceler for $45.
Had to tear myself away from the $60 Pflueger Supreme spinning reels....
Quote:
Nice haul guys! But mallen, that flooger (what ever at the spelling) president for 75 bucks woulda been really nice for that price if they had a lefty!

But than again, you can get the same reel with external cast control in the PQ. Folks on TT say the PQ has the same guts as the prez!

Quote:
Funny you should mention Sufix braid. On the way home, I had to slap myself. Bought my first baitcaster, which I will be practicing out in the snow, but didn't buy any braid! Stoopid Mallen....
Don't feel bad, mono is better to start with anyway. Just get some cheep XL or something like that.
Old 01-10-10, 02:03 PM   #13
MallenManson

Bb, if they had the President in lefty, I woulda walked out with 2 for sure.
Old 01-10-10, 02:08 PM   #14
nofearengineer

Quote:
Bb, if they had the President in lefty, I woulda walked out with 2 for sure.
Yeah, it's too bad Pflueger only makes one left-handed low-profile baitcaster: a 7.1:1 Patriarch, regular spool. But that is a good sign that they may expand to more lefty offerings soon.
Old 01-10-10, 02:16 PM   #15
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Yeah, it's too bad Pflueger only makes one left-handed low-profile baitcaster: a 7.1:1 Patriarch, regular spool. But that is a good sign that they may expand to more lefty offerings soon.

Aaaahhhhhh...so THAT'S why they had no lefties. Fargin sneagy bastiges!
Old 01-10-10, 09:27 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
They are expanding into more lefties this year. How many and which ones, I don't know.

BB
Old 01-10-10, 10:39 PM   #17
bcklash

DAT DANG GORILLA JUST ME FOR 6 SPOOLS OF SUFIX LINE--3 OF THE DEEP CRANKIN--2 OF THE FLORO AND 1 REG MONO
Old 01-11-10, 12:37 AM   #18
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
DAT DANG GORILLA JUST ME FOR 6 SPOOLS OF SUFIX LINE--3 OF THE DEEP CRANKIN--2 OF THE FLORO AND 1 REG MONO

There was that movie Gorillas In The Mist. A really scary one would be Monkeys In The Wallet
Old 01-12-10, 12:45 AM   #19
bassinbob

The local Gander has Calcuttas marked down. I wanted to get one for swimbaits. Trouble is they're all lefties. Might just get bit.
Old 01-12-10, 09:07 AM   #20
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
When you get to use that fluoro, let us know how it is. That's one I'm intersted in trying.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.